GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Biggest game of the year and Jack killed us.  Makes me worried.  

Drama.  Quit crying wolf.  The Next game is the biggest game, and then the next one.  We are not out if it  

Ok, eichel did not play a good game, we gave up 6 goals, lots of blame to go around.   We play terrible defense  

The OT, we had too many gassed players.  Dahlin, Jack, even Risto before that.  OT is designed to end in less than 5 minutes.  You have to take your chance and then get off the ice.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Drama.  Quit crying wolf.  The Next game is the biggest game, and then the next one.  We are not out if it  

Ok, eichel did not play a good game, we gave up 6 goals, lots of blame to go around.   We play terrible defense  

The OT, we had too many gassed players.  Dahlin, Jack, even Risto before that.  OT is designed to end in less than 5 minutes.  You have to take your chance and then get off the ice.  

I think my concern is that he was terrible. It's not a long term concern, but a "he's gotta figure that out", concern.

If he played even mediocre relative to his usual play we probably win this game. 

He was really bad today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

Jack is visibly mad in the post game locker room interview. Very short comments - said he was "terrible" tonight

Yep, he interrupted every question before the reporter was through.

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Jack is visibly mad in the post game locker room interview. Very short comments - said he was "terrible" tonight

Someone should legitimately ask him "why". He didn't play well offensively today, but that's not why it was a terrible game. It looked like he was "controller unplugged" on D like 95% of the game.

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think my concern is that he was terrible. It's not a long term concern, but a "he's gotta figure that out", concern.

If he played even mediocre relative to his usual play we probably win this game. 

He was really bad today.

He was really pretty bad tonight.

It's one night. I know you know this.

There are a couple of others around tonight who don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Someone should legitimately ask him "why". He didn't play well offensively today, but that's not why it was a terrible game. It looked like he was "controller unplugged" on D like 95% of the game.

Yeah, I have to agree.  Pretty uninspired hockey.  That can't happen when you're the leader at this point in the season - good news is he knows that.   

It's a process to learn how to carry a team when there's really only 3-4 talented offensive players (now).  There's no room for bad nights, unfortunately.  It's a difficult spot to be in for a young man. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.