GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

That's an interesting piece of intel there

>PBA<? (Paralysis by analysis.)

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Having a game plan card pictured like that is ... not great?

It's no bueno. Why would anyone who considers himself or herself a fan post that?

I don't suppose it's in any way actionable on the part of the Sabres? For example, if they knew who did it, suspend season ticket or ticket privileges? I can't imagine it's legally actionable.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's no bueno. Why would anyone who considers himself or herself a fan post that?

I don't suppose it's in any way actionable on the part of the Sabres? For example, if they knew who did it, suspend season ticket or ticket privileges? I can't imagine it's legally actionable.

Do we know that it was taken by a Sabres fan? 

I suppose the Sabres could look to deny entry or access to the person(s) who took and published the photo. It's their barn - they can deny access to whom they like for any non-discriminatory reason.

Beyond that, I can't see any legal basis for grieving what the photo taker did.

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I would hardly consider that a game-plan and if it is, God help this team

Those are pretty clearly cribbed notes -- a single page of them (there look to be more pages) -- that embody the bulleted highlights of a game plan.

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

>PBA<? (Paralysis by analysis.)

I think you're overthinking it a bit. This is interesting stuff for us as fans, but I doubt it's interesting to opposing teams.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Do we know that it was taken by a Sabres fan? 

I suppose the Sabres could look to deny entry or access to the person(s) who took and published the photo. It's their barn - they can deny access to whom they like for any non-discriminatory reason.

Beyond that, I can't see any legal basis for grieving what the photo taker did.

Those are pretty clearly cribbed notes -- a single page of them (there look to be more pages) -- that embody the bulleted highlights of a game plan.

You can see the fan's Sabres jersey reflected in the glass.

• Like (+1) 1

I forgot to remind you knuckleheads in my OP that the game is in Buffalo, so no pillaging and baby eating.

Hope it's not too late.

+++++

@darksabre, we can calm down for now, but we must keep vigilant.  It is only a matter of time before a disastrous goalie decision is made.

+++++

I just got paid over $3,000 from 2 clients that I finished up year ends for ... 1st round is on NS!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think you're overthinking it a bit. This is interesting stuff for us as fans, but I doubt it's interesting to opposing teams.

You can see the a fan's Sabres jersey reflected in the glass.

FTFY.

But, yeah. Pretty clearly a Sabre fan's snapshot.

As for publishing it: That is just the time in which we live.

12 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I think we make the playoffs. I mean come on, we had a 10 game win streak. I'm sure there will be another winning streak this season 

I love the sense of hope.

HOWEVAH.

You watched some/much of the win streak, right?

And you've watched the team play at a bottom-5 pace since then, right?

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I love the sense of hope.

HOWEVAH.

You watched some/much of the win streak, right?

And you've watched the team play at a bottom-5 pace since then, right?

Of course.  I see two teams:

1. A team that moves its feet, that pressures the other side, that attacks with speed.

2. A team that plays conservatively and tentatively and allows the other team to set the pace.

When the Sabres play like Team 1, they win.  When they play like Team 2, they lose.  It's that simple.  I think some opponents know this and use tactics to disrupt our speed an flow.  This is Housley's challenge:  To get the team past obstuctionist opposition.

EDIT:  #1 and #2 and which team the Sabres plays like has been true for a dozen or more years.  Even in the depths of the tank they were far more likely to win if they moved their feet, and destined to lose if they didn't.

Edited by Doohickie

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Winning two in a row would honestly be pretty meaningful since this team is so bad at it. They haven't won 2 in a row since December 13th.

Not only that we're tied with Carolina with one game in hand and we really can't afford to keep losing ground to the teams above us. If there was a must win, well, it's tonight.

And Saturday, and Sunday, and the next Tuesday, and the next Thursday, and the next Saturday...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Of all the must wins this is the must winest.

The Sabres really need to take care of business for themselves here, especially against teams that are chasing them.  And, hope that teams just ahead of them falter.  And win those games with the teams just ahead of them.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
missing word(s)
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.