GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Val James stirred memories.  I BELIEVE (my brain celebrated its 57th birthday, along with other parts of me, eight months ago), his first game with the Sabres was against the Bruins.  The Bruins had this way of pushing the Sabres around, you see, nearly forty years ago.  Hard for youngsters to believe, I suppose.   In any event, James took the ice, perhaps midway through the 2nd period.   The Bruins laughed.  No one went near James, but the laughter hurt more than any beat down received without James.  In any event, certainly not Val’s fault.

Do any other old timers remember the Bruins game with ol’ Val?

I worked late, tonight, and missed the interview.  I would’ve like to see it, content irrelevant.  He’s occupied a nook or cranny in my head since Reagan’s first term.  He’s a reminder of youth, the passage of time, what’s changed, and what remains ever so same.

I remember it.  I don’t think he fought that night either. 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Larry. What the heck.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Or Larsson; he was closer.

He was closer because he was furiously trying to get to the space Risto vacated so he could pick dandelions in the outfield.  

Side note: I think I'ma dig a Risto bunker.. 

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

He was closer because he was furiously trying to get to the space Risto vacated so he could pick dandelions in the outfield.  

Side note: I think I'ma dig a Risto bunker.. 

A Risto rampart?  Very American 

Edited by Beer

3 minutes ago, eman said:

I do. I also believe he took on Terry O'Reilly in that one. I also remember Jeff Parker who also fought a Bruin in that one  I think. Good battles!

A fight!  That I didn’t remember.    I also remember “televised home game”.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.