GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Of course.  I see two teams:

1. A team that moves its feet, that pressures the other side, that attacks with speed.

2. A team that plays conservatively and tentatively and allows the other team to set the pace.

When the Sabres play like Team 1, they win.  When they play like Team 2, they lose.  It's that simple.  I think some opponents know this and use tactics to disrupt our speed an flow.  This is Housley's challenge:  To get the team past obstuctionist opposition.

EDIT:  #1 and #2 and which team the Sabres plays like has been true for a dozen or more years.  Even in the depths of the tank they were far more likely to win if they moved their feet, and destined to lose if they didn't.

Fair observations. And, of course, they generally play well when they win, and they generally play poorly when they lose.

I keep referring to that win streak as magical. And I mean that in a fairly literal way. Lightning in a bottle. Since then, they've played as a bottom-5 team.

They're not as good as that 10-game win streak might have suggested. Probably not by a long shot.

And they're not as bad as a bottom-5-paced record would suggest. ... I think. I ... hope.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Doing some napkin math, I put the Sabres at 87 points if they can't get their ***** together on the road through these last 30 games.

I would be giddy at the chance to have 2 home games against the TBL in April.

That aside: 90 points or bust.

40 minutes ago, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

Keys to the game:

1. Stop no-look passing the puck to the middle of the ice in the defensive zone.

2. Stop no-look drop passing the puck in the neutral zone.

3. Stop no-look passing along the boards in the offensive zone.  

Give the guys a break. They didn’t have a chance to watch Bird Box until the All-Star bye ?

1 hour ago, RonHextallsShoulderPads said:

Keys to the game:

1. Stop no-look passing the puck to the middle of the ice in the defensive zone.

2. Stop no-look drop passing the puck in the neutral zone.

3. Stop no-look passing along the boards in the offensive zone.  

So, stop no look passing then? :)

This is as close to a playoff game as we've gotten in years so we have to play playoff hockey. Let's see if they can.

• Like (+1) 1

Man what a day. Working where my grandfather retired from in 1980, Oxy-chem. Was in awe of the moments as a child I would be in Grandma's car waiting to pick him up from work. Then, came home and was fortunate enough to unwind these past couple of hours as I caught a TV show, with no commercials this time, that I watched as young boy back from 1978, the 1st two episodes of "Battlestar Galactica", the story of a Star World.

Just hearing the theme music, seeing Lorne Greene again, so many childhood memories. So much of a GREAT FEELING. I haven't seen it since it was cancelled, it was like seeing it for the 1st time again. The inner child in me came out. The joy, the excitement, yea, that felt great.

I feel good about tonight's game, real good. Our boys will show up...…………………..GO SABRES!!!!!!!

Edited by Scottysabres

34 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Man what a day. Working where my grandfather retired from in 1980, Oxy-chem. Was in awe of the moments as a child I would be in Grandma's car waiting to pick him up from work. Then, came home and was fortunate enough to unwind these past couple of hours as I caught a TV show, with no commercials this time, that I watched as young boy back from 1978, the 1st two episodes of "Battlestar Galactica", the story of a Star World.

Just hearing the theme music, seeing Lorne Greene again, so many childhood memories. So much of a GREAT FEELING. I haven't seen it since it was cancelled, it was like seeing it for the 1st time again. The inner child in me came out. The joy, the excitement, yea, that felt great.

I feel good about tonight's game, real good. Our boys will show up...…………………..GO SABRES!!!!!!!

Have you ever watched the reboot that Sci Fi Channel did in the early 2000s? 

35 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Hopefully you can hear Uncle Miltie in your mind tonight calling six or seven goals.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Massive game. This team has a very meaningful game in February, at home, against a team they can beat. 

I need to see a fantastic effort. 

It's also a little of what we've been waiting for. I'm excited. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Hopefully you can hear Uncle Miltie in your mind tonight calling six or seven goals.

What a life we live, eh PA? I can't help it as I fast approach 50 that every little tidbit of childhood and through adolescence comes flooding back to me as things bring those memories back. I feel...…………..I feel like the French Connection, or Danny Gare, or Patty and Alex is going to show up and bring me back to glory. But those young days, of discovery, hope, faith and that feel good internal flame...……………….it's still in me, even now.

I feel...………………..I feel young again, if even for this moment.

GO EICHEL! GO REINHART! GO RISTO AND PILUT AND DAHLIN!

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.