GDT - Carolina @ Sabres - February 7, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; FS-SE

Sabres Fan in NS

Well I'm going to continue my push to 10/14 points for this homestand..cuz why not?

Total Games played: 2
Total Games Remaining: 5
Homestand Record: 1-1-0
Total Points obtained: 2
Total Points remaining: 10
Points required to hit 10: 8
Record options: 5-0-0 (10),  4-0-1 (9), 4-1-0(8), 3-0-2 (8)

So at a minimum we need 3 more wins in the next 5 games. Tonight is extra critical because we're tied with Carolina in points. Making this the most MUST Win of all the Must Wins. This would in fact be the worst game of the this 7 game homestand to lose. Let's go Buf-fa-lo!

Edited by SabresBaltimore
adding record
  • Like (+1) 4

This is the biggest game of the year for the Sabres. 3 points out of a playoff spot and playing a Hurricane team that is tied with them although the Sabres do have a game in hand. Playing at home this is a MUST WIN GAME especially with Carolina winning the previous game of this 3 game series with them. The Hurricanes have had our number for a couple of years now, it's time to turn the tables on them. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

TONIGHT’S GAME

HURRICANES at SABRES

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
  • Next meeting: Saturday, March 16 at Carolina
  • Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 4-3 at Carolina on Jan. 11
  • The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 5-4-1 at home.
  • This is the 203rd game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 102-74-26 series record.
  • The Sabres are 58-33-9 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• Tonight’s matchup is the third game of a seven-game homestand that ties the stretch from Jan. 20 to Feb. 2, 1997 as the longest in franchise history.
  • Zach Bogosian is expected to appear in his 600th NHL game tonight.
  • C.J. Smith has scored in each of his last two NHL games, marking the first and second goals of his career.
  • The Sabres are seeking their first win against the Hurricanes since March 22, 2016.
  • Jack Eichel has totaled nine points (6+3) in 10 career games against the Hurricanes, including six (3+3) in his last three.

SAM I AM

• Sam Reinhart has been playing above a point-per-game pace since the beginning of November, having totaled 41 points (12+29) in 40 games during that span.
  • Reinhart has already set career-high totals in assists (34) and multi-point games (14) this season. His 47 points leave him just three shy of his career high 50 from the 2017-18 season.
  • The Sabres are 20-8-4 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 29-4-6 (.821) in his career when he records at least two. Reinhart has yet to play two consecutive home games without recording a point in 2018-19.
  • HOME COOKING

• Buffalo enters tonight’s game with a 15-7-3 (.660) record at home. The team’s .660 points percentage at home ranked ninth in the NHL entering play Wednesday.
  • Carter Hutton is 10-5-2 at home this season with a .922 save percentage and a 2.50 goals-against average, which is impressive but I'm hoping Ullmark gets the start tonight.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'll be interested to see whether they have in fact restructured the PP as I and others thought was the case vs. Minny.  I sure hope so.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

At the very least they changed the personnel. Which probably lends itself to a different strategy as well.

Here's your power play strategy: MORE ATTITUDE

53yTObq.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I would not mind Michael Ferland sticking around after the game and wearing blue & gold.

Get him a bucket of wings and a pen.

I've also been reading some things about Brett Pesce. I'm gonna be watching him tonite to get an idea and eye-test. 

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.