Practice Report: 02-06-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

Well that didn't last long. Any room down in the Housley hole guys? Is there a secret password?

Sam just had a 2pt game + GWG in the shootout with ERod and CJ Smith on his line, so lets blow that one up starting next practice. JFC.

Password is "2nd Period Breakdown" 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think that 4th line is better with Sobotka. He kills offense at almost every touch. 

The 4th line doesn't get played to score goals (should that happen, that's gravy); they get played to prevent goals.  Sobotka is better at that part of the game than is Thompson at present.  If Tage is on the 4th line it can't be played against the other team's top line which creates other isues with matchups.

And, truth be told, Okposo is a better option on the 4th line than either.  He's stronger & better offensively than Vlad; and he's far better at checking than Tage is (Tage's open ice (accidental?) hit on Koivu not withstanding.)

7 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Well that didn't last long. Any room down in the Housley hole guys? Is there a secret password?

Sam just had a 2pt game + GWG in the shootout with ERod and CJ Smith on his line, so lets blow that one up starting next practice. JFC.

Who was on the ice for Sam's goal? Eichel, Mccabe, Sheary and Scandella. 

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

The 4th line doesn't get played to score goals (should that happen, that's gravy); they get played to prevent goals.  Sobotka is better at that part of the game than is Thompson at present.  If Tage is on the 4th line it can't be played against the other team's top line which creates other isues with matchups.

And, truth be told, Okposo is a better option on the 4th line than either.  He's stronger & better offensively than Vlad; and he's far better at checking than Tage is (Tage's open ice (accidental?) hit on Koivu not withstanding.)

The Sob that played in St. Louis may be this player you speak off, but the one I watch in a Sabre's sweater is not that at all. He's a turn over machine.

TT is not good in the d-zone, average may be pushing it, but he can skate and pass. Two things I don't believe Sob can do better than him.

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

The Sob that played in St. Louis may be this player you speak off, but the one I watch in a Sabre's sweater is not that at all. He's a turn over machine.

TT is not good in the d-zone, average may be pushing it, but he can skate and pass. Two things I don't believe Sob can do better than him.

Thompson will likely get better in his own end, but right now he is downright scary there.  Sobotka isn't a disaster there.  The 4th line is the only 1 I'd take Sobotka over Tage, but would definitely put him there ahead of Tage.  And, as stated earlier, would prefer Okposo on that line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.