GDT: Sabres vs. Wild, 7PM EST, 2019-02-05

MattPie

Linus interview.  Unflappable.  Said he  “Feels terrific” ,    “ we won the game” 

About the “hit” He said he “did not know what happened, I made the save”. 

Reporter said last question, he answered and they asked another and then said “uh uh uh, you said last question”  he laughed and left  

I like his his mental attitude. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I need all the negative crap about Samson to end now. Dude can play. Goes to the dirty areas. Plays chippy, smart effective hockey.  

Who was it that was posting about how Reinhart's early trajectory compares similarly and favorably to Scheifele? 

??

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

PH said that Sobotka was on the ice in OT to take a face off.  Must be nice to make $2 million to take face offs.  Sort of like paying a long snapper in football $2 million to snap.

Not just to take a faceoff. To take that specific faceoff. Because it was a "left dot draw". Apparently this is the kinda stats stuff Housley is into. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

So, we won a game. And...…...in the fashion we started the 10 game win streak. While I'm not happy they went to a shootout, giving up multiple leads, I am happy they got the W.

Winning breeds confidence.  And confidence is a powerful thing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Not just to take a faceoff. To take that specific faceoff. Because it was a "left dot draw". Apparently this is the kinda stats stuff Housley is into. 

You're right.  So $2 million for left dot only face offs.  Even a better gig.

35 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Loving the Samson love boys!

That said, if Phil doesn't leave the Sam-ERod-CJ line alone for the next few games I'm coming to join you all in the Housley hole

I called it.....thank you...

10 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I have a feeling that our 3rd line will be the best line tonight....if we have a best line to speak of.

Reinhart's best game of the season (so far).  I thought the best combo of the night was when he was with Casey.

So maybe we have the starting point for 2 top lines that are both 2/3 there. Add a couple wingers in some way and we have a pretty good team all of a sudden.

Where are the Dahlin critics tonight I wonder? :)

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Reinhart's best game of the season (so far).  I thought the best combo of the night was when he was with Casey.

So maybe we have the starting point for 2 top lines that are both 2/3 there. Add a couple wingers in some way and we have a pretty good team all of a sudden.

Where are the Dahlin critics tonight I wonder? ?

Right here.  He put it right on a Wild's stick right in the slot.  May have been injured in the block attempt. He had his moments but what we need from him is a clean game. He gives up the biggest gaffs I've seen since Messy Balls. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Right here.  He put it right on a Wild's stick right in the slot.  May have been injured in the block attempt. He had his moments but what we need from him is a clean game. He gives up the biggest gaffs I've seen since Messy Balls. 

and Pilut chased a guy up the boards leaving the front of the net wide open so what? 

@18, Dahlin showed signs of absolute brilliance tonight and anyone who doesn't recognize that simply doesn't understand hockey and is just a critic rather than a fan. 

In his third season he will be an allstar and in his fourth he will be best D man in the league, mark my words. 

I'm happy we won and I watched in between patients, but I have one question 

W the actual F was Bogo doing with the 6 on 5....everything was to the outside and he just decides to peel off Zach freaking Parise in front of the net and chase a guy he had no business, allowing the tying goal..... He be acting dumb lately. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Linus interview.  Unflappable.  Said he  “Feels terrific” ,    “ we won the game” 

About the “hit” He said he “did not know what happened, I made the save”. 

Reporter said last question, he answered and they asked another and then said “uh uh uh, you said last question”  he laughed and left  

I like his his mental attitude. 

He is the best interviewee since Marty.  Fantastic.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.