GDT: Sabres vs. Wild, 7PM EST, 2019-02-05

MattPie

So last game I said I feel like we need to earn 10/14 points to have a shot at remaining in the Wild Card hunt. That means we're now down to 10/12 points for this homestand. So we have to go either 5-2-0 or 4-0-2.

That makes this another MUST Win!

But considering Phil's approach to lines appears to be by rolling dice (or maybe flipping a coin?), I'm not sure how well we're going to play against a team ahead of us in the standings.

Here's to hoping for a return to some of that November magic!

LW C RW
Zach Parise
ZACH PARISE

Rating: 76.4#26 LW

Mikko Koivu
MIKKO KOIVU

Rating: 74.2#60 C

Charlie Coyle
CHARLIE COYLE

Rating: 73.2#60 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 74.64#28 FL1
Jason Zucker
JASON ZUCKER

Rating: 76.5#25 LW

Eric Staal
ERIC STAAL

Rating: 81.3#15 C

Mikael Granlund
MIKAEL GRANLUND

Rating: 77.2#39 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 78.31#1 FL2
Jordan Greenway
JORDAN GREENWAY

Rating: 71.9#84 LW

Victor Rask
VICTOR RASK

Rating: 71.0#145 C

Marcus Foligno
MARCUS FOLIGNO

Rating: 70.4#106 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.10#28 FL3
Matt Hendricks
MATT HENDRICKS

Rating: 69.5#126 LW

Eric Fehr
ERIC FEHR

Rating: 69.5#111 C

J.T. Brown
J.T. BROWN

Rating: 69.3#115 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.44#30 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS
Ryan Suter
RYAN SUTER

Rating: 80.1#5 LD

Jared Spurgeon
JARED SPURGEON

Rating: 79.1#14 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 79.55#2 DL1
Jonas Brodin
JONAS BRODIN

Rating: 73.2#50 LD

Greg Pateryn
GREG PATERYN

Rating: 71.7#75 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 72.46#23 DL2
Nick Seeler
NICK SEELER

Rating: 70.7#102 LD

Brad Hunt
BRAD HUNT

Rating: 75.1#31 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 72.88#8 DL3

I’m not adding that garbage Phil had during practice. Anyway. Sabres are still in 9th with Carolina and Philly coming in hot. Minnesota is 7th in the West with a 13-13-0 away record.  Dumba and some guy named Aberg are injured. 

Dubnyk has a .914 SV% and 2.55 GAA. Stalock is at .892 with 3.00 GAA. We all want Ullmark and Phil will likely put the goalie coach in net.

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Housley said that the decision on who starts in net is results based on wins and losses. Hutton winning in Columbus and Ullmark losing 1-0 in Dallas was the reason that Hutton started versus Chicago. 

Someone should tell him performance in the CBJ win was not as good as the performance in the Dallas loss.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Not Ullmark’s fault they couldn’t score. Ullmark has a winning record. Hutton does not. Hutton let in four against Columbus to Ulmark’s one in Dallas. I don’t get Phil’s problem.

To get the win Ullmark would’ve had to get his third shutout. How many does Hutton have and compare who has had more opportunities (games played).

Edited by SABRES 0311

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Housley said that the decision on who starts in net is results based on wins and losses. Hutton winning in Columbus and Ullmark losing 1-0 in Dallas was the reason that Hutton started versus Chicago. 

This is a pretty close paraphrase of what I heard.  It's nearly moronic.  (Housley's statement, not your paraphrase.)

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

20 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Not Ullmark’s fault they couldn’t score. Ullmark has a winning record. Hutton does not. Hutton let in four against Columbus to Ulmark’s one in Dallas. I don’t get Phil’s problem.

To get the win Ullmark would’ve had to get his third shutout. How many does Hutton have and compare who has had more opportunities (games played).

Just posted about this in the Housley thread but I am about there with Phil. He just isn't a smart hockey person and doesn't either use or understand the information presented to him. His analyses and conclusions are painfully slow in coming and usually incorrect even if there is an obvious correct answer. At this stage, I am not sure if I want him back next season. I am also concerned that his assistant coaches didn't or couldn't intervene successfully on something like this. Between Phil's love of Scandella and Hutton it is clear he plays and has favorites. I just... 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c599156706538332e

Edited by LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yeah...I'm starting to think that birds of a sh*t feather flock together re: Phil and his wife.

Awesome.  Let the ideological bullying begin.  This thread will be dynamic and marvelous with it, and we'll all learn to fall in line with mediated sociopolitical thought.

3 minutes ago, ... said:

What does that matter?  Would he smarter for watching CNN or MSNBC?

He would only watch CNN after eating a tub of soy. But seriously Phil sucks at coaching.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Awesome.  Let the ideological bullying begin.  This thread will be dynamic and marvelous with it, and we'll all learn to fall in line with mediated sociopolitical thought.

That’s not part of the NPC talking point. But you are right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.