Super Bowl: Pats** vs Rams

WildCard

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Goff is terrible and ever since Kupp got hurt it's been obvious. Without him they can't create all of the mismatches that were giving Goff 15 easy throws per game. And who the hell knows what's going in with Gurley. He has to be hurt. 

Gurley is a Russian Trump thing... bet they got to him somehow...

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That halftime show was a solid 30 minutes I'll never get back in my life.... And this game sucks too, good job NFL 

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

The whole thing felt like it did way back when wrestling stopped pretending it was real...

10 hours ago, darksabre said:

Man this sucks

10 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Every Super Bowl is the worst Super Bowl for commercials. 

10 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There have been more entertaining Bills-Browns games than this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jsb said:

He misses the point entirely. People wanted to watch the game, which is why, despite the fact that is was incredibly, incredibly boring, they watched the game. You would think a paid anaylsis would understand exciting things can happen at a moments notice in football, especially in a close game. 

Not to mention the fact everyone I was with steadily lost interest and went from not using their phones to using their phones to talk to their buddies about how incredibly, incredibly boring the game was. So, arguably, they did stop watching the game, even though it was still on. 

The only greater waste of time than the Super Bowl is ESPN talking heads. 

3 minutes ago, IrwinNelson said:

He misses the point entirely. People wanted to watch the game, which is why, despite the fact that is was incredibly, incredibly boring, they watched the game. You would think a paid anaylsis would understand exciting things can happen at a moments notice in football, especially in a close game. 

Not to mention the fact everyone I was with steadily lost interest and went from not using their phones to using their phones to talk to their buddies about how incredibly, incredibly boring the game was. So, arguably, they did stop watching the game, even though it was still on. 

Exactly! It's not about how boring it has been, but the anticipation that it will turn around. A ton of Super Bowls have been clunkers in the first half only to have an incredible second half. 

2 hours ago, IrwinNelson said:

This is exactly what happened at the party I was at. People went from watching the game to sharing the best gifs/twitter memes showing how boring the game was or how bad the halftime show was.

Apparently there was also a WWE wrestling event that was occurring during the halftime show that got some attention on a laptop in the back room.

14 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

In fairness, if you knew who was performing at halftime and you still decided to watch, you deserve to have your time wasted. 

I kinda think it's become fashionable to hate Maroon 5 and that bandwagon exploded at 8pm last night. I don't think they are that bad. Not something I'd seek out but they have some catchy tunes.  

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

That holds for the 60s maybe but not the 70s. Unless you count convincing teams like the California Golden Seals to trade away first round picks as cheating. 

I still think the Pats is more impressive honestly. They've done it all with maybe 5 HoF's, two of which are really the only ones that matter. They've put together a 20 year dynasty, obliterating records in their path, in a sport where cohesion over 5 years is nearly impossible. I also think it's the hardest sport to win a championship in due to the physical nature, coaching, and playoff format. Going 6-3 in 1 game championships is absolutely astounding, and even more so when you consider their 3 losses; yes, they could just as easily be 4-5 as they could be 8-1 however

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not going to get into that cause I lost my love of football. I recorded the game and only watched the commercials (do the same people that own HBO own Bud?). I think it's been rigged to favor the Patsies for a long time. 

Not sure about rigging it. The NFL openly does not like the Patriots. Last night was their nightmare scenario

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Not sure about rigging it. The NFL openly does not like the Patriots. Last night was their nightmare scenario

I don't buy that narrative. I think they actually love it. 

It's not exactly fixed, but it is slanted in their favor. I'd go so far as to say they preferred LA over New Orleans cause they thought that was better for the Patsies chances.

The phantom roughing Brady calls, the constant pushing off their receivers get away with all the time, and all the holding their O line gets to do all the time, it all killed football for me over the years and that doesn't include the blatant list of cheats and really bad calls they benefited from over the years. 

They have had some good teams, but they were made into a dynasty by the league.

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't buy that narrative. I think they actually love it. 

It's not exactly fixed, but it is slanted in their favor. I'd go so far as to say they preferred LA over New Orleans cause they thought that was better for the Patsies chances.

The phantom roughing Brady calls, the constant pushing off their receivers get away with all the time, and all the holding their O line gets to do all the time, it all killed football for me over the years and that doesn't include the blatant list of cheats and really bad calls they benefited from over the years. 

They have had some good teams, but they were made into a dynasty by the league.

In what way is the Patriot's domination for two decades good for the league?

I enjoyed the game. Vastly more interesting than say the Seattle Denver blowout: at least the score was in doubt, throughout. 

The defensive gameplans seemed to me to be quite solid, but in the end Brady did what Brady is known for: came through in the biggest moment. 3 dimes on that TD scoring, game winning drive. That's 6/6 SB wins with a game-winning drive in the 4th quarter for Tom Brady. Word is McDaniels threw out the offensive game plan for that series, and that's when Tom went to work. 

"Best" is up for debate, but this is quite easily the most impressive dynasty in NA sports. I've very much appreciative of being able to witness this history. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

With probably 20+ HoF's. I still think the Pats is more impressive honestly 

The Pats almost certainly have more HoF players on their teams than 4-5. It's just that they usually aren't there for their whole careers, so it seems like less. Moss, Seau, etc. made their reputations before becoming Patriots. 

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I enjoyed the game. Vastly more interesting than say the Seattle Denver blowout: at least the score was in doubt, throughout. 

The defensive gameplans seemed to me to be quite solid, but in the end Brady did what Brady is known for: came through in the biggest moment. 3 dimes on that TD scoring, game winning drive. That's 6/6 SB wins with a game-winning drive in the 4th quarter for Tom Brady. Word is McDaniels threw out the offensive game plan for that series, and that's when Tom went to work. 

"Best" is up for debate, but this is quite easily the most impressive dynasty in NA sports. I've very much appreciative of being able to witness this history. 

You're a monster and have no soul. 

Separately, juxtaposing Brady's stat line in yesterday's win with his stat line in last year's loss is the single best, simple argument I can ever make against the notion of judging individuals on team accomplishments. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're a monster and have no soul. 

Separately, juxtaposing Brady's stat line in yesterday's win with his stat line in last year's loss is the single best, simple argument I can ever make against the notion of judging individuals on team accomplishments. 

When you get to 9 Super Bowls, those stats even out in the end. 

22 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This is the league that can literally get any performer they want for halftime and they choose...Maroon 5 and the lesser half of Outkast.

Robert Woods with a drop when hit. Shades of Buffalo past. Okay, so upon further review, it was a great play by Chung. 

MrsPie mentioned something about performers turning down the NFL over Kapernick, but I don't know where that came from.

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That holds for the 60s maybe but not the 70s. Unless you count convincing teams like the California Golden Seals to trade away first round picks as cheating. 

I don't think it's unreasonable that some of the Canadians success in the 70s had a fair bit to do with having dibs on players before there was a draft. I'll admit I haven't done the homework, but players in the old system pre-1963 (where Montreal all (and other NHL teams) acquired rights to players extremely young was still in effect. An 18-year-old in 1962 would be 26 in 1970 and 36 in 1980. It'd be interesting to see how much of the Habs' team in the 70s was made of those players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.