Remi Elie on waivers

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I assume Wilson is coming up? I think Elie will fit in fine with Amerks. Maybe he will be like Grant was....can’t get an NHL goal but scored like a madman in Rochester.

Once Nelson comes off IR, don't they have 23 already?

I think Elie has skills.  I like the way he skates and showed flashes of good puck handling.  We're just not the type of team that can afford to give a player like him time with the first two lines - and I think he requires that in order to show any type of promise. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

No subsequent call up, may very well be Nelson is returning. How many D men would that put on the roster if he does return?

Risto, Bogo, Pilut, McCabe, Hunwick, Beaulieu, Scandella, Dahlin

That's 8 right there, Nelson would make 9. Carrying 9 d men?

TRAID!

Probably not though.  Pilut to Roch?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

For as much as the kid has his highlight mistakes, he's still a good 3 / 4 d man, I would hate it if he were sent back down. But it is Phil, so who knows...……..

Not saying it's what I'd do... I agree.  

If indeed nobody's getting moved and Larsson is out for any length of time though, betya he gets swapped out for Wilson.

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

For as much as the kid has his highlight mistakes, he's still a good 3 / 4 d man, I would hate it if he were sent back down. But it is Phil, so who knows...……..

He'll BE a good 3/4.  Right now he's a 5.  Dahlin WILL BE a 1.  Right now he's a 4/5.

Agreed though that a 5 should not be playing in the A.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Weave said:

Remember when we said Elie wasn’t getting waived because Dallas would pick him up and we’d lose an asset?

Good times.

We did say that.  But Elie stayed in Buffalo long enough that had Dallas, just like  anybody else, decided to claim him they would have had to keep him in the NHL or risk giving him back to Buffalo once again with Buffalo then being able to assign him to Ra-cha-cha anyhow.

Had he been waived earlier, there was a very real possibility Dallas would reclaim him.

11 hours ago, Weave said:

Remember when we said Elie wasn’t getting waived because Dallas would pick him up and we’d lose an asset?

Good times.

If by some chance they were interested in him, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in the Fedun trade where they wouldn't bother with a claim.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.