Phil Housley should be fired.

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It’s too bad Torts wasn’t available... at least we’d have an Alpha male in the building for the first time since Lindy left.  That alone is worth it to me. 

I’m curious what Torts would do as Alpha male? 

Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

if you have to ask this I can't help

Alphas are like highlanders though, there can be only one.

It’s a cute theory and all, I just can’t see multimillionaire players being intimidated.

Honestly, we are playing exactly the same now as we were during the 10 game win streak. The difference is a few good bounces (during the streak) and goaltending. Ullmark has been hot and cold and whatever mojo Hutton had going on then is totally gone now.  You do nto win at this time of the year without great goaltending, and ours is rubbish. That is NOT on Housley.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I didn't expect the Sabres to be a playoff team this year. But they had a 10 game win streak. They're about to become the 2nd team in NHL history to miss the playoffs with a 10 game win streak. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and Housley is first in line because he is softer than a bundt cake. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It’s too bad Torts wasn’t available... at least we’d have an Alpha male in the building for the first time since Lindy left.  That alone is worth it to me. 

I think this absolutely correct.  They need an alpha male.  Perfect terminology for what they need.

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Honestly, we are playing exactly the same now as we were during the 10 game win streak. The difference is a few good bounces (during the streak) and goaltending. Ullmark has been hot and cold and whatever mojo Hutton had going on then is totally gone now.  You do nto win at this time of the year without great goaltending, and ours is rubbish. That is NOT on Housley.

Disagree.  They were able to muster up enough focus and discipline then to get them through.  Just enough.  Now, they can't do that.  It wasn't bounces, it was being engaged.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

1 minute ago, ... said:

I think this absolutely correct.  They need an alpha male.  Perfect terminology for what they need.

Others would call it identity. They have none. An alpha would give them it.

Bogo should have faught tonight. It helped last time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Others would call it identity. They have none. An alpha would give them it.

No, not me.  They looked leaderless out there.  They had no direction...or director.  No one was seizing control of the group and getting them to snap into shape.  If Risto wanted to do that, I think he could.  Definitely has that presence.  ERod and Risto were the only two...ONLY TWO...players out there who looked like they didn't need to be led.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ... said:

Disagree.  They were able to muster up enough focus and discipline then to get them through.  Just enough.  Now, they can't do that.  It wasn't bounces, it was being engaged.

No, we were mounting a comeback just like we did multiple times then, but then a weak goal gave them a two goal lead again. Most of their goals were not difficult stops. If we had the goaltending that Ullmark gave us against Dallas we would have won this game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

No, not me.  They looked leaderless out there.  That had no direction...or director.  No one was seizing control of the group and getting them to snap into shape.  If Risto wanted to do that, I think he could.  Definitely has that presence.  ERod and Risto were the only two...ONLY TWO...players out there who looked like they didn't need to be led.

We're in agreement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

We're in agreement.

Okay, I guess I can see where you're coming from.  I still wouldn't call it "identity", but I do indeed get what you're trying to convey by using that word, and I don't disagree with that.

1 minute ago, ... said:

Okay, I guess I can see where you're coming from.  I still wouldn't call it "identity", but I do indeed get what you're trying to convey by using that word, and I don't disagree with that.

I said it after game one this season. We still need that veteran stud (read: Alpha),… and it has to be a forward, to solidify this team.

And Jame, I don't think it was ROR.

Just now, SwampD said:

I said it after game one this season. We still need that veteran stud (read: Alpha),… and it has to be a forward, to solidify this team.

And Jame, I don't think it was ROR.

You're right on both points.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Per the topic, I agree that HCPH tenure is not working out.  It's pro sports, so the first and easiest change is the HC.  The question is who can they get if they fire him.  Be certain you can improve vs. just change the HC.

Leadership seems to be a problem on this team as well.  They anointed Eichel to wear the "C" and there's no going back on that.  He may not be the natural born leader to effectively lead, so they need to add more character guys who play hard regardless.  Having a group of self-motivated guys is needed to build a critical mass of players who will not tolerate passengers on their ship.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Strongly disagree with that.  We are playing nothing like we did during the win streak, particularly on 5 on 5 play.

23 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I would have no problem firing him tomorrow.  And yet I highly doubt that would turn things around.

23 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I would have no problem firing him tomorrow.  And yet I highly doubt that would turn things around.

It wouldn't turn things around, but things are damn sure not going to get any better. 

Bundt cake soft. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH