GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 2/1/2019, 7PM EST

SABRES 0311

Just now, Thorny said:

Dahlin has been lighting it up lately, he's been in a great stretch. 

In what way? Numbers? I’m not down on him. I just think he’s done.

It would be great if his metrics still are good, while his eye test is this bad.

3 minutes ago, jame said:

He should’ve just been allowed to be the Pat Kane, and put the weight on ROR to be Toews... and you don’t fix a lockerroom by trading away talent, you fix it by adding talent (Dahlin, Skinner)and winning... not by subtracting talent (ROR).

boken record... I know.... Botts ***** this thing up so bad.

I have to admit, it looks like the players left after the ROR trade are lost.

I also have to point out, with ROR, the team was horrible as well, and while I way both the scenario's, will you concede we don't know if ROR would have changed this seasons events? Because honestly, I don't think he would have. But I do now agree with you to an extent, admittedly with emotions involved, that maybe ROR wasn't so much incorrect but also wasn't a solution for a larger problem residing here in Buffalo?

1 minute ago, eman said:

For the record: Linus didn't look so "#### hot in the 3rd either. 

Nope.  Goaltending is a real source of concern right now.  The team in front ain’t helping but some of these goals should have been saved.

Somewhere a door was slammed tonight.  A dog was kicked.  And a baby cried in the cold.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

There's no way Botterill is sitting there calmly thinking this is all part of an expected plan. He's got to be heated that this team has collapsed at the magnitude it has. 

I dont think so, he is the type that believes patience and taking his time making a solute sure in things is better then making a decision based off of recent events. This thinking has already drove up the price for Skinner

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This team has been soft since the day Miller got knocked out by Lucic... they are softer than pillows save Risto and Bogo 

Yes, unfortunately this is the long standing reputation of the franchise....save the Ray, May, Barnaby years or even further back with Larry Playfair.  Didn't Ron Wilson once refer to Buffalo as a chicken-sh*t team?  I can only think of one high draft pick since Brad May that had a mean streak (Kassian). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I dont think so, he is the type that believes patience and taking his time making a solute sure in things is better then making a decision based off of recent events. This thinking has already drove up the price for Skinner

Oh wonderful, so what your saying is that Pegula found his long lost son and they are willing to wait 15 years for that "CUPS" run?

I think I just threw up in my mouth...………...a lot...……………..

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s awesome. Cuz he hasn’t looked that great while doing that.

Can’t wait until he looks good. His numbers will be off the charts.?

You are welcome to this opinion but the consensus has been he's looked really good. It hasn't just been a production thing. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I also have to point out, with ROR, the team was horrible as well, and while I way both the scenario's, will you concede we don't know if ROR would have changed this seasons events? Because honestly, I don't think he would have. But I do now agree with you to an extent, admittedly with emotions involved, that maybe ROR wasn't so much incorrect but also wasn't a solution for a larger problem residing here in Buffalo?

ROR is a good player. He may not be a lockerroom leader, and was run out of here because fans felt he was a cancer because he wasnt happy with losing. Many thought players should/would be all for tanking to get a better draft choice and then could just turn it back on when they obtained that player. I dont blame ROR one bit and could Imagine just how tough it must have been having to play for teams who's goal isnt to win games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There's no way Botterill is sitting there calmly thinking this is all part of an expected plan. He's got to be heated that this team has collapsed at the magnitude it has. 

For a lot of stupid and pathetic Buffalo Sabres fans, this IS actually part of the plan. Because lottery picks = winning. Or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jame said:

He should’ve just been allowed to be the Pat Kane, and put the weight on ROR to be Toews... and you don’t fix a lockerroom by trading away talent, you fix it by adding talent (Dahlin, Skinner)and winning... not by subtracting talent (ROR).

boken record... I know.... Botts ***** this thing up so bad.

I live in St Louis.  I know some people in the Blues organization.  Your hero wanted out. His stunt in front of the press on locker clean out was all part of it.  He did a similar thing in Colorado.  The guy is a flake.  Talented yes, but he has zero winning history.

He did not want to work hard enough to help turn this program around   He said it himself   He lost his passion.  I expect he will run his course in St Louis in three years too  

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

You are welcome to this opinion but the consensus has been he's looked really good. It hasn't just been a production thing. 

When he broke his stick on the net after giving up a goal, I’m pretty sure even he would say he didn’t look good often.

2 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

For a lot of stupid and pathetic Buffalo Sabres fans, this IS actually part of the plan. Because lottery picks = winning. Or something. 

Not necessary, don't you think?

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

When he broke his stick on the net after giving up a goal, I’m pretty sure even he would say he didn’t look good often.

Ya I'm with you on today, didn't think he had a great game. 

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Yes, unfortunately this is the long standing reputation of the franchise....save the Ray, May, Barnaby years or even further back with Larry Playfair.  Didn't Ron Wilson once refer to Buffalo as a chicken-sh*t team?  I can only think of one high draft pick since Brad May that had a mean streak (Kassian). 

Ron Wilson.  Ooohhhh. That hurts. 

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yes, I think a 60+ center who can match up with the leagues best lines would’ve made a significnat difference.

I think ROR hated losing, and the lockerroom was a tough place... the solutions were:

1. fixing the D (Dahlin, Pilut + healthy Bogo + Mccabe)

2. Increasing skill, speed and scoring (Skinner, Mitts, Erod, Sheary

3. Fixing goaltending (Ullmark/Hutton)

but that doesn’t work when you rip an irreplaceable anchor out of the center of the roster. A matchup/selke caliber center is practically a pre-requisite for winning in this league. We got rid of one, and it’s more likely than not that Eichel will play this entire contract without one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.