GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 2/1/2019, 7PM EST

SABRES 0311

EE069293-C65D-47D5-8D35-DAEDEACE5A12.jpeg.127ba70f6b558737ca2723725c424cdc.jpeg

Hide your wives, daughters, and girlfriends as Mr. No Means Yes and the Blackhawks come to Buffalo to take on our Sabres. Game starts at 7:00PM by which time the Me Too crowd should be in full swing.

The Hawks are lighting up the West in 14th place and boasting an 18-24-9 record, 8-14-3 on the road. The Sabres sit at 9th in the East with a 25-16-9 record (Deluca .500?). Sabres are 14-6-3 at home so checking my advanced stats it looks like they have a better chance at wining this one. 

I think we all hope for Linus to get the start tonight but Phil is like a box of chocolates. For the bad guys Crawford is injured I believe. This leaves either Ward with a 3.87 GAA and .888 SV% or Delia with a 3.00 GAA and .923 SV%. Linus by the way has a 2.83 GAA and Hutton has a 2.79 GAA. The Hawks have a -34 goal differential compared to the Sabres -4. 

Good luck to those brave souls in that WNY weather who are at the game. May you get a taste of heaven while literally sitting in hell frozen over.

LW C RW
Drake Caggiula
DRAKE CAGGIULA

Rating: 70.2#101 LW

Jonathan Toews
JONATHAN TOEWS

Rating: 78.0#32 C

Patrick Kane
PATRICK KANE

Rating: 84.2#2 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 77.45#18 FL1
Alex DeBrincat
ALEX DEBRINCAT

Rating: 78.2#14 LW

Dylan Strome
DYLAN STROME

Rating: 70.1#161 C

Dominik Kahun
DOMINIK KAHUN

Rating: 71.4#125 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 73.21#23 FL2
Brandon Saad
BRANDON SAAD

Rating: 73.8#42 LW

David Kampf
DAVID KAMPF

Rating: 70.3#153 C

Marcus Kruger
MARCUS KRUGER

Rating: 69.5#172 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.17#23 FL3
Chris Kunitz
CHRIS KUNITZ

Rating: 69.9#107 LW

Artem Anisimov
ARTEM ANISIMOV

Rating: 70.5#148 C

John Hayden
JOHN HAYDEN

Rating: 67.9#135 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.44#27 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS
Duncan Keith
DUNCAN KEITH

Rating: 72.0#74 LD

Brent Seabrook
BRENT SEABROOK

Rating: 71.5#72 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 71.76#28 DL1
Henri Jokiharju
HENRI JOKIHARJU

Rating: 71.4#83 LD

Connor Murphy
CONNOR MURPHY

Rating: 70.1#94 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 70.71#30 DL2
Slater Koekkoek
SLATER KOEKKOEK

Rating: 68.5#122 LD

Erik Gustafsson
ERIK GUSTAFSSON

Rating: 74.9#30 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 71.68#13 DL3

LW C RW
Jeff Skinner
JEFF SKINNER

Rating: 80.4#9 LW

Jack Eichel
JACK EICHEL

Rating: 81.0#14 C

Sam Reinhart
SAM REINHART

Rating: 76.8#24 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 79.38#9 FL1
Conor Sheary
CONOR SHEARY

Rating: 73.2#50 LW

Casey Mittelstadt
CASEY MITTELSTADT

Rating: 71.6#117 C

Evan Rodrigues
EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 72.8#64 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 72.53#28 FL2
Remi Elie
REMI ELIE

Rating: 68.6#121 LW

Vladimir Sobotka
VLADIMIR SOBOTKA

Rating: 68.3#184 C

Tage Thompson
TAGE THOMPSON

Rating: 69.5#170 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 68.81#31 FL3
Zemgus Girgensons
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS

Rating: 70.1#160 LW

Johan Larsson
JOHAN LARSSON

Rating: 68.8#120 C

Kyle Okposo
KYLE OKPOSO

Rating: 71.0#98 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.93#21 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS
Jake McCabe
JAKE MCCABE

Rating: 72.1#71 LD

Rasmus Ristolainen
RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

Rating: 76.2#25 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 74.11#21 DL1
Rasmus Dahlin
RASMUS DAHLIN

Rating: 74.8#26 LD

Zach Bogosian
ZACH BOGOSIAN

Rating: 71.5#73 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.11#13 DL2
Marco Scandella
MARCO SCANDELLA

Rating: 71.4#82 LD

Nathan Beaulieu
NATHAN BEAULIEU

Rating: 70.7#84 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 71.07#17 DL3
Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for getting us going @SABRES 0311 ... what time is it on Okinawa when it is 6:00 AM here in Halifax?  The world wants / needs to know.  I have always found the date line thing rather confusing with how it works as you approach it from east, or west.

I believe you are correct that he Sabres are right bang on Deluca 500.  I always count the OT losses as ties, so ... stupid NHL.

Why are the Hawks so bad?  That lineup looks very good.

Anyway ... onward ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
never the right amount of letters ...
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks for getting us going @SABRES 0311 ... what time is it on Okinawa when it is 6:00 AM here in Halifax?  The world want / needs to know.  I have always found the date line thing rather confusing with how it works as you approach it from east, or west.

I believe you are correct that he Sabres are right bang on Deluca 500.  I always count the OT losses as ties, so ... stupid NHL.

Anyway ... onward ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

So right now it’s 8:08 PM here and 6:08 AM EST. That puts me 14 hours ahead of you guys. Every time I do a GDT I triple check the date/time so as not to anger the Sabrespace  Deep State.

Thsnks for confirming what the Deluca 500 is. I was guessing on that one.

Off the top of my head I think age is catching up to the Hawks. I also think having a good chunk of their cap tied up by two players doesn’t leave a lot of room to sign younger good players. Essentially they are on the downside of their dynasty moving toward rebuild. In the near future I think the Sabres, Laughs, Lightning, Sharks, Jets and Blue Jackets will take up the mantle of Pens, Hawks, Kings, Bruins, Caps and Preds.

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am tempted to go on Stubhub and grab some tix, I found some 35$ tix up in the nosebleeds, is it worth traversing the cold waterfront and driving from the south towns, or do I sit on my couch and suffer, choices??!! 

Go.  Tonight is the beginning of the beginning or the beginning of the end on 2019 Sabres hockey.  And it's almost Groundhog's Day.  Seems like a can't miss game.  

13 minutes ago, caseydean said:

Go.  Tonight is the beginning of the beginning or the beginning of the end on 2019 Sabres hockey.  And it's almost Groundhog's Day.  Seems like a can't miss game.  

Just saying it’s gonna be colder than a Clinton Valentines Day. The tix are in the nosebleeds and the Hawks suck. Sabres tend to play down to their opponents so I don’t think the juice will be worth the $35 squeeze.

Watch the Sabres score 10 goals now.

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just saying it’s gonna be colder than a Clinton Valentines Day. The tix are in the nosebleeds and the Hawks suck. Sabres tend to play down to their opponents so I don’t think the juice will be worth the $35 squeeze.

I'm torn, 35 isn't a ton for a night out, but the Sabres are kinda starting to suck, and I fear another 1-0 stinker like in Dallas. If it wasn't so damn cold, it would not be such a difficult decision 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm torn, 35 isn't a ton for a night out, but the Sabres are kinda starting to suck, and I fear another 1-0 stinker like in Dallas. If it wasn't so damn cold, it would not be such a difficult decision 

If you got a buddy going with you in case you have car trouble in that weather I say go. Not trying to sound like your mom or anything. 

27 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Cease and desist with these, please.

• Thanks (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm going to be there.  I'm hoping that they're embarrassed enough over the Dallas game and with the first game of the home stretch they actually take advantage of their situation and win.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks for getting us going @SABRES 0311 ... what time is it on Okinawa when it is 6:00 AM here in Halifax?  The world wants / needs to know.  I have always found the date line thing rather confusing with how it works as you approach it from east, or west.

Anyway ... onward ...

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Look at the rating of their top D pair.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Man, do I dislike seeing Elie’s name in the lineup projections.  Can’t wait for the time when we don’t have contract space for an Ellis/Nolan/Elie.

I would take either of those other two over Elie.  Elie brings absolutely nothing to the table. He's like a Wonderbread and mayonnaise sandwich.

And I'm going to punch someone if Hutton starts.

5 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

This 7-game home stand will probably make or break the season. We've been playing way better at home this season (for once). We're 14-6-3 instead versus: 11-13-3.

I feel like we need to come out with at least 10 points.

It starts tonight. Must win!

That's pretty accurate. 10 of the next 14 points puts us back on a 95-point season pace.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.