Buying sabres tickets

stuuuuuuuuu

I'll be in buffalo in two weeks and am targeting tickets for the Feb 12th game against the islanders.  I'm hoping some local types can give me a few pointers on where / how to find tickets for a good price.  IE would you recommend paying face value on the Sabres website, going through a third party resale site like Ticketmaster, scalping or just scouring craigslist.  Open to any and all tips.  Go Sabres!!!

1 minute ago, Stu said:

I'll be in buffalo in two weeks and am targeting tickets for the Feb 12th game against the islanders.  I'm hoping some local types can give me a few pointers on where / how to find tickets for a good price.  IE would you recommend paying face value on the Sabres website, going through a third party resale site like Ticketmaster, scalping or just scouring craigslist.  Open to any and all tips.  Go Sabres!!!

When the team was bad, it was often a much better deal to just go on StubHub and grab tickets for $10 or so a few days before. Now that they are better I think the prices on the secondary market have recovered a bit, but still a bargain compared to face value on Sabres.com.

I wouldn't mess around with craigslist or scalpers, as I personally have concerns about buying fake tickets but YMMV.

If they keep playing like they did before the break, scalpers might pay you to take them away if you wait til faceoff to buy them.

If you care where you sit, I always go through the Sabres first, then go to stub hub if I am looking to sit anywhere or get them cheaper.

I used to do Ebay for Bill's tickets when they were close to being eliminated from playoff contention (so around mid to late October) and got tickets real cheap for a bunch of games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.