GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG

SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, ... said:

Can this possibly be a way of trying to increase Hunwick's value for a trade?

I mean, if scouts in the NHL by now do not know what Hunwick brings... they probably aren't good at their jobs. 

This is totally a move to put 2 veterans together because Housley equates veteran with good/stable.  It is just dumb and we should probably sharpen our snow shovels and break out the torches... but that's because a blizzard is coming. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I mean, if scouts in the NHL by now do not know what Hunwick brings... they probably aren't good at their jobs. 

This is totally a move to put 2 veterans together because Housley equates veteran with good/stable.  It is just dumb and we should probably sharpen our snow shovels and break out the torches... but that's because a blizzard is coming. 

Pilut has been making some unbelievably stupid turnovers in our own end lately; it's not like he's benching Dahlin

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Pilut has been making some unbelievably stupid turnovers in our own end lately; it's not like he's benching Dahlin

Which I wouldn't be opposed to either. The kids are making game altering gaffs, giving up scoring chances left and right. Not that Scandella is much better...

9 minutes ago, jame said:

McCabe-Risto : 50% CF / 41% GF

Pilut-Risto: 54% CF / 53% GF

Come on Housley... this ***** isn't hard.

Exactly! 

These are all even strength

Pilut with ayone other than Scandella, Bealieu or Hunwick: 54.08%

Scandella with anyone other than Scandella Bealieu or Pilut: 41.6%

Just now, darksabre said:

Apparently sitting in the press box is the best way for Pilut to learn from his mistakes...

There are plenty of people around here that think that, don't kid yourself

I think it's just that we've hit a skid, and Housley is playing it, as he feels, as safe as possible right now. This game is huge for us, we need to come out of the gates with a win

• Like (+1) 1

Mittelstadt's season has been chock full of mistakes.... he's 20 years old...  he's not a veteran of a pro league coming off being named the league's best defensemen... he's sat for exactly zero games.

Housley is a clown

Edited by jame

1 minute ago, jame said:

Mittelstadt's season has been chock full of mistakes.... he's 20 years old...  he's not a veteran of a pro league coming off being named the league's best defensemen... he's sat for exactly zero games.

Housley is a clown

Probably because our forward depth is awful

Scandella has a pretty key role in a good PK. Is That what is keeping him in the lineup?

If I’m Botterill, I move him out at the deadline. Despite his struggles this year, I think he’s still regarded as an NHL second-pairing defenceman with term. Frees up the logjam and likely maximizes the return on a guy who is not likely to be here to start 2020.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.