GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG

SABRES 0311

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Seriously? I lose more and more faith in Housley every time I hear him speak.

WGR 550Verified account @WGR550 2h2 hours ago
Housley - We still have not made a decision on who will play this evening on the blue line. #SabresBuffaloSabresNHL.png

I like Phil, but man he is not very bright when it comes to this stuff.

What is so hard with the concept of 'ice the best team possible'?

13 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I have been hard on ERod lately possibly because it was misdirected anger. Should be interesting seeing that line. 

He has a limited talent set but he always skates hard and does some things very well.  He's not a top six guy but he's not that far off.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He has a limited talent set but he always skates hard and does some things very well.  He's not a top six guy but he's not that far off.

I have no issues with Erod.  He plays hard every shift.  He is the Mike Weber of our current forward group.  I hope he sticks around and is still here when the Sabres are really good.  I like him on our 3rd line for the next 5+ years, or until someone comes along with more skill to offer.

I personally like ERod a lot. He's a bottom 6 guy with good wheels who is responsible defensively and capable of filling in on a top 6 line due to injuries, etc.

I think he's been a great addition to the team, but is often asked to do too much because we're lacking enough solid talent in our top 6 to field 2 quality lines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Man, it seems every team has 3rd and 4th lines light years ahead 

Not every team, but Columbus certainly.

9 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I personally like ERod a lot. He's a bottom 6 guy with good wheels who is responsible defensively and capable of filling in on a top 6 line due to injuries, etc.

I think he's been a great addition to the team, but is often asked to do too much because we're lacking enough solid talent in our top 6 to field 2 quality lines.

Rodrigues tends to be overrated around here because his fearless terrier style overshadows his flaws.

But I think he will be a great 10th forward when our middle lines finally fill out — a versatile hard worker who can help special teams and move up the lineup when it's required.

1 hour ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Agreed on all counts. E-Rod looks to be a valuable NHL player. But if he is in your top-6, then your team is not a playoff team.

23 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll be there, which probably dooms them. Sorry all. 

Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Hunwick in the lineup over Pilut is a disgrace.

What in the actual ....

• nfreeman changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG
16 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Does Hunwick provide some sort of physical presence that might be missing? That is the only thing I can think of as Pilut is not the biggest guy

I have no idea. Every metric indicates that Pilut is the more useful player.

edit: the only thing I'm seeing that would raise a red flag is the takeaway/giveaway ratio. Pilut has 3 giveaways for every 1 takeaway, whereas Hunwick on his career has 1.5 giveaways for every takeaway.

I don't feel like that is enough to base roster decisions on, but here we are.

Edited by darksabre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.