GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG

SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, jame said:

Too bad the Mittelstadt line was the line coming off before Phil sent the Sobotka line out and gave Tortd the matchup...

the Larsson line was rested... Phil gambled that Torts wouldn’t send the Panarin line back out after 1 shift of rest and tried to save the Larson line for the matchup...

summary: he got out coached 

Thing is, for a moment, Larrsson was out there with skinner and Samson to win face offs.   Could not send them back out there.  

And they were the worst line out there today, Okposo and Zemgus were bad.

Eichel was out there with Sobotka.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Thing is, for a moment, Larrsson was out there with skinner and Samson to win face offs.   Could not send them back out there.  

And they were the worst line out there today, Okposo and Zemgus were bad.

Eichel was out there with Sobotka.

I’m not talking about the end of the game... I’m taking about the 6 minute mark when Phil sent the Sobotka line out for a face off allowing Torts to get his top line on the ice against our worst line.

Edited by jame

2 minutes ago, jame said:

I’m not talking about the end of the game... I’m taking about the 6 minute mark when Phil sent the Sobotka line out for a face off allowing Torts to get his top line on the ice against our worst line.

Great move, it all worked out , he also had dhalin/bogo out there who have been solid. ?

Edited by Huckleberry

6 minutes ago, jame said:

Too bad the Mittelstadt line was the line coming off before Phil sent the Sobotka line out and gave Tortd the matchup...

the Larsson line was rested... Phil gambled that Torts wouldn’t send the Panarin line back out after 1 shift of rest and tried to save the Larson line for the matchup...

summary: Phil ***** up.

had Phil sent the Larsson line out, he would’ve forced torts to choose between his top line facing our best checking line, or waiting a shift and having to face the eichel line again.

phils choice was stupid 

I'm getting the feeling there's nothing Housley can do to please you

i didn’t miss Pilut tonight. Given their roles, I didn’t have much of a problem with any of the D’s game. I don’t think Bogi has ever played better hockey in his carreer.

Jack still played dumb at times. I wish he knew just how good he is.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

i didn’t miss Pilut tonight. Given their roles, I didn’t have much of a problem with any of the D’s game. I don’t think Bogi has ever played better hockey in his carreer.

He does that’s why he’s getting paid.

10 minutes ago, jame said:

had Phil sent the Larsson line out, he would’ve forced torts to choose between his top line facing our best checking line, or waiting a shift and having to face the eichel line again.

phils choice was stupid 

You are truly insufferable.

15 minutes ago, jame said:

phils choice was stupid 

Nobody's perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

Dahlin up to 28 points now.

He wasn’t obvious at all tonight and had 2 assists and +4.

That’s where I see his game going as he matures: flashes of wow sprinkled into sustained periods of subtle dominance where he is just so smooth and perfect that you won’t immediately appreciate how he won the game for us.

He's got Sam’s mind and Jack’s talent. We are so lucky to have him. It’s going to be like having Dom, except he’s sober, reliable and wants to stay in Buffalo forever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Scandella played tonight.

33 minutes ago, ... said:

You know, we should try and find a title that gives us better than a 1 goal victory.  There is one out there somewhere.

Maybe the one I started where the Sabres won 9-2?

GDT: Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres, 2:16 p.m., November 3, 2018

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.