GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG

SABRES 0311

31 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What's to explain? Pilut's playing protected minutes.

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

That's not what that says.

And that's not what the Player Usage Charts say: http://www.hockeyabstract.com/playerusagecharts

Pilut and Scandella have the most similar usage of any two same-position players on the team, and neither is sheltered.

Also: Must win.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I building a Housley Hole. It is like the Bogo Bunker but we don't have food and you're just constantly annoyed. It is just a hole with a tarp over it and one coleman lantern inside on an old crate. We do have beer, lots of beer, all the beer. 

Is it alright if this beer joins your beers in the Housley Hole?  The nerd in me finds this very hobbity.  

Just got back from a week and a half in Amsterdam.  Boy I love the Dutch and their liberal ways.  Their beer selection is terrible however (death by green bottles), thankfully some of the Belgian stuff makes it’s way there.

Must win tonight... and from here on out.  A slow start after the AS break all but kills our hopes of the playoffs.  Happy that hockey is back.  Go Sabres!  Let’s see a W for the good guys tonight.

beer

3 hours ago, IrwinNelson said:

It’s completely unacceptable if Pilut isn’t in the lineup. 

Although I agree that I would rather see Pilut in the line-up than Scandella... He did string together some rather rotten games before the break.

1 hour ago, IKnowPhysics said:

And that's not what the Player Usage Charts say: http://www.hockeyabstract.com/playerusagecharts

Pilut and Scandella have the most similar usage of any two same-position players on the team, and neither is sheltered.

Also: Must win.

Am I correct in saying that that chart doesn't show the quality of his line mates?

Sheltered isn't only who you are playing against.

Edited by SwampD

43 minutes ago, Beer said:

Is it alright if this beer joins your beers in the Housley Hole?  The nerd in me finds this very hobbity.  

Just got back from a week and a half in Amsterdam.  Boy I love the Dutch and their liberal ways.  Their beer selection is terrible however (death by green bottles), thankfully some of the Belgian stuff makes it’s way there.

Must win tonight... and from here on out.  A slow start after the AS break all but kills our hopes of the playoffs.  Happy that hockey is back.  Go Sabres!  Let’s see a W for the good guys tonight.

beer

Seems like an unusual request but...ok..

3DD8F9FF-AC83-4F76-9DED-FF64BE82A222.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Am I correct in saying that that chart doesn't show the quality of his line mates?

Sheltered isn't only who you are playing against.

Sheltered is where you play (zone) and who you play against (QoC).... Pilut is certainly not sheltered when paired with Risto.

7 minutes ago, jame said:

Sheltered is where you play (zone) and who you play against (QoC).... Pilut is certainly not sheltered when paired with Risto.

I have to believe that the line that shows quality of team mates is there for a reason.

59 minutes ago, jame said:

I hereby nominate you as our resident expert. In such a short period you have enlightened so many  on  the errors of their opinions. Thanks.

Edited by Radar
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jame said:

Yes...to show Quality of Teammates.... it's just not part of the definition of "shelter"

Guess I never realized it was such a specific thing. Seems incomplete.

So, what is the term for playing with better line mates?... Coddled minutes?

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Guess I never realized it was such a specific thing. Seems incomplete.

So, what is the term for playing with better line mates?... Coddled minutes?

Shelter is protection

Playing WITH someone doesn't protect you from the elements you're facing...

Ozone starts shelter you from having the more difficult task of gaining d zone possession against scoring talent, transitioning the puck, and establishing ozone possession.

Low Quality of Competition shelters you from getting your dominated by top line talent...

After seeing Pilot on that west coast trip this does not surprise me.   I think he will be back when the 5 other guys show they are going to play better but two rookies in the top 6 is a lot, even if one is Dahlin  

Hunwick over Beaulieu is a mild surprise. 

On a a business trip.  I’ll be streaming WGR from my room.  Looking forward to another win streak.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

This feels like a game where they sleepwalk through two periods, make a late push in the 3rd and the game is sealed when Columbus scores an empty net with 43 seconds left in the game.

Yup... we’ve seen that script for 10 years... hope I’m wrong 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jame said:

Shelter is protection

Playing WITH someone doesn't protect you from the elements you're facing...

Ozone starts shelter you from having the more difficult task of gaining d zone possession against scoring talent, transitioning the puck, and establishing ozone possession.

Low Quality of Competition shelters you from getting your dominated by top line talent...

I don't agree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.