NHL All Star weekend discussion

North Buffalo

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Eichel finished 2nd to the cheater in the fastest skater competition.

Skinner was doing wellin the puck control event until he didn't get the puck through the last gate cleanly.

Both went 1 for 3 in the shootout.

I know.  I wanted to see them in more events.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

It's weird to think guys like Lundy, Miller, Fleury, Luongo, are gonna be out of the game pretty soon. 

Fleury still looks and plays like a child, I think he'll be around for quite a while yet. 34 not too too old for a goalie. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Enjoy it if you like this sort of thing. I haven't watched one in decades and won't start now. For me the allstar weekend is always just an annoying break in the hockey schedule and with this 5 day break tacked on it's super annoying. Can't wait for Tuesday. 

No one is forcing you to come into this thread and moan, eh.

Why not just stay away and let others enjoy themselves and the event?

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Skinner in the puck control competition with Pat Kane on play-by-play:

How could anyone not love Jeff Skinner?

He always has a big smile on his face and he is like a kid on a pond.  Always looks like he is having more fun than should be allowed.  Sadly, that is mostly missing from the NHL game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Nobody was in 2 solo events.

And nobody orders the white wine with their filet mignon.  WTF.  I wanted to see more Skinner and Eichel. Period.  End of line, end of thought.  I don't give a rat's doodoowada about the rules, format, whatever.  Thank you.  Have a nice day.

I was set to add the Sabres update for today's events...here.  3x3 hockey is not regulation hockey, so these games mean nothing.  Camus would be proud.

Edited by ...

23 minutes ago, ... said:

And nobody orders the white wine with their filet mignon.  WTF.  I wanted to see more Skinner and Eichel. Period.  End of line, end of thought.  I don't give a rat's doodoowada about the rules, format, whatever.  Thank you.  Have a nice day.

I was set to add the Sabres update for today's events...here.  3x3 hockey is not regulation hockey, so these games mean nothing.  Camus would be proud.

Alrighty then.

Decker beat everyone in the passing game, except she wasn't considered an official competitor (like Coyne was) because she was being used to demonstrate how the game works.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-all-star-skills-competition-brianna-decker-1.4994353?fbclid=IwAR2oFHmPifBLHwosktYUlmKwB8VEZVFAtJYqCFmQCc3ae951_DqXAkLR_VE

Edited by IKnowPhysics

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Umm, why don't the Sabres use Skinner in shootouts more often?

Probably because Skinner looked very bad on the 1st 2 attempts & Lundqvist had alreeady made 3 more saves than he needed to win the event when Skinner finally did beat him.

That, and a little bit of "Housley still hasn't figured out the optimal manpower deployment" thingy yet thrown on top for good measure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.