Democratic Presidential hopefuls and your thoughts

North Buffalo

I was reading up on Tulsi and I agree with her opposition to regime change wars and the U.S. being the world police. The article went into Trump’s relationship with Saudi Arabia. I could be wrong but I think the idea is to position SA as a regional focal point for stability and a U. S. ally. Essentially we would have someone”loyal” to us who can promote stability instead of us having a physical presence. I am skeptical of how this will work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The latest CNN polls show that Biden has a sizeable lead. 

What is more important for this election, nominating a candidate who is most in line with your beliefs or the candidate who has the best chance of beating Trump?

Do you think the Burisma talk could hurt Biden's chances of winning?

22 minutes ago, Hank said:

What is more important for this election, nominating a candidate who is most in line with your beliefs or the candidate who has the best chance of beating Trump?

I think that is the plan. Hard to say how much it will impact him. 

Also I keep seeing Bloomberg adds.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

It’s gonna be another cycle with bad choices in all parties.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Anything to add on the Dem candidates or is this the only that sticks out about all of their campaign messages?

Is it not possible that @Frieda feels that way without a candidate’s instruction? Do you suspect that the OP is weak minded and needs a political candidates blessing to formulate an opinion? I don’t remember Frieda ever declaring a political party or having a comment one way or another about any particular candidate so the belief that inspired the post must be pretty strong. Your post really feels like your attempting to shame or out the OP about their opinion of Trump. It’s a known fact that the man is a liar. Phantom bone spurs, paying off women he harassed, failure to still release his tax returns(you know he’s lying about his worth), bankruptcy after bankruptcy, Trump university, the comments made to Billy Bush when his defense was “that’s not my voice”, the attack on immigrants when he is a known offender of hiring illegals, the wall will solve it as people cut right through it and climb right over it, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. He lied to the coal miners. He lied to the steel workers. He lied to the farmers. He lied about infrastructure. He has many more lies up his sleeve too. I don’t need anyone to tell me what to think. I do a fantastic job of it all by myself. The notion that someone being a never-Trumper is a bad thing is ridiculous. Somehow they’re not being fair to the president. Hogwash. A man EARNS his respect. Freedom of speech begins with freedom of thought. If I don’t like someone or something that’s fine. It’s my right. It’s Frieda’s right too.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Is it not possible that @Frieda feels that way without a candidate’s instruction? Do you suspect that the OP is weak minded and needs a political candidates blessing to formulate an opinion? I don’t remember Frieda ever declaring a political party or having a comment one way or another about any particular candidate so the belief that inspired the post must be pretty strong. Your post really feels like your attempting to shame or out the OP about their opinion of Trump. It’s a known fact that the man is a liar. Phantom bone spurs, paying off women he harassed, failure to still release his tax returns(you know he’s lying about his worth), bankruptcy after bankruptcy, Trump university, the comments made to Billy Bush when his defense was “that’s not my voice”, the attack on immigrants when he is a known offender of hiring illegals, the wall will solve it as people cut right through it and climb right over it, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. He lied to the coal miners. He lied to the steel workers. He lied to the farmers. He lied about infrastructure. He has many more lies up his sleeve too. I don’t need anyone to tell me what to think. I do a fantastic job of it all by myself. The notion that someone being a never-Trumper is a bad thing is ridiculous. Somehow they’re not being fair to the president. Hogwash. A man EARNS his respect. Freedom of speech begins with freedom of thought. If I don’t like someone or something that’s fine. It’s my right. It’s Frieda’s right too.

So what you're saying is Trump is a typical politician? Who knew?

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

There are many good people serving you and I in public office. There are many more vying for their chance to serve. If we let a crook stay in office then it’s our(collective of voters) fault. I don’t vote on party lines. More people should consider this as an option.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Ummm... the title of the thread says Democrat Presidential Hopefulls. The idea is to talk about them here and Trump in that thread. This way they stay on point and don’t go off into this. My reply if you read it carefully brought it back to Dems as the focus. It would be like talking about Biden’s campaign in the Trump POTUS thread. Square peg round hole thing. 

17 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Square peg round hole thing. 

No it isn’t. This is all in the Oval Office Club. You’re just trying to deflect from the fact that you used an unnecessary condescending tone with a poster when you had no reason to do so. Nice try. 

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

No it isn’t. This is all in the Oval Office Club. You’re just trying to deflect from the fact that you used an unnecessary condescending tone with a poster when you had no reason to do so. Nice try. 

By asking if they had anything specific to the Dem candidate?

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Anything to add on the Dem candidates or is this the only that sticks out about all of their campaign messages?

I know how much you like to engage and I’m sure you knew/know exactly that to which I was referencing so I’m done with this after this post. For the sake of clarification I bolded the part that I find condescending and unnecessary. Do you honestly think that is a civil way to start a conversation? Has Frieda done something to irk you beyond the opinion on Trump? I’m lead to believe that you have another motivation for the snark.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

I know how much you like to engage and I’m sure you knew/know exactly that to which I was referencing so I’m done with this after this post. For the sake of clarification I bolded the part that I find condescending and unnecessary. Do you honestly think that is a civil way to start a conversation? Has Frieda done something to irk you beyond the opinion on Trump? I’m lead to believe that you have another motivation for the snark.

It’s a valid question considering it’s a common theme in their platforms. While I understand they are building base support with it they need to spend more time explaining to voters why one is a better candidate than a fellow Democrat. Corey Booker said they shouldn’t attack each other but going after each other’s policies is how they set themselves apart. Until then it’s a group saying Trump is bad but not doing a good job saying why the individual is a better option than the others.

It’s paranoia.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Again I need to say it.

No it isn’t. 

I’m not the one you should be trying to convince. @Frieda is the one you should be explaining it to.

Explain what? If @Friedahas a question I’m sure their fingers and device work just as good. I get it you feel like they were attacked. I’ve been there too. Then I sit back and think to myself maybe I misinterpreted. Of course that happens after I sent a snarky reply.? 

13 hours ago, Hank said:

But he's not. He's a special level of lying con man with no moral compass. The only thing Trump actually cares about is Trump.

I will be interested to see what the candidates look like as some drop out. We don't get enough time with any of the candidates to really get a good picture. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

But he's not. He's a special level of lying con man with no moral compass. The only thing Trump actually cares about is Trump.

I will be interested to see what the candidates look like as some drop out. We don't get enough time with any of the candidates to really get a good picture. 

It was a joke, I don't disagree with what you're saying here. 

15 hours ago, Ogre said:

Well, this particular thread is about Democratic presidential hopefuls and not Donald Trump.  There is no need to discuss him in this thread.

Trump has a thread.  

It'll serve everyone better to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Democratic candidates without bringing Trump into the conversation for anything more than "can they beat Trump in an election" question.  Which is really still constraining the discussion to the candidates strengths/weaknesses.  Going off on Trump's record is not relevant in this thread.

Bernie is my favorite candidate, but I personally struggle with trying to figure out which candidate has the best chance of beating Trump. I think the best bet is to diversify the ticket by pairing an uber lefty like Sanders, Warren, or Yang with a more moderate candidate like Biden, Buttigieg, or Klobuchar. It wouldn't hurt to try to split the ticket by gender and race as well in order to boost enthusiasm from more demographics. I think voter enthusiasm is critical to maximizing turnout. Low turnout always favors the Republicans but only time will tell. Once the herd starts thinning out it will be interesting to see who takes the lead and who he or she picks as their running mate.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Bump. 

So we had the first primary. Bernie appears to have won. Buttigeg was close behind. Biden was a distant 4th but considering the demographics maybe that isn't a surprise. Thoughts?

CNN is still showing Buttigieg with a narrow lead. What are you looking at?