GDT - Sabres @ Vancouver - January 18, 2019 - 10:00 PM - SNP; MSG-B

Sabres Fan in NS

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I know I don't have enough posts to have any clout here but PA's a good "locker room guy" in that he gives anybody ***** and if its not directed at you it's usually pretty funny

I don't have a lot of posts either but I've lurked since well before that dark day in July. I guess PA may have a way with words but I'm pretty sure that's not why he is a jerk. :-)

Bovada had this game with the Canuck' as a slight favorite this morning, changing to even money (-110) by Noon.  This includes a Goaltender with exactly one NHL start  and  their star rookie Elias Pettersson still out.  The road trip is not excessive in length, nor does Vancouver a  superior Home record.  Or the Sabres a poor road record.   I'm in for a dime on the Sabres tonight.  I expect at least 3 goals from FL#1 with maybe another few chipping in.   If this team is in the discussion for an 8 seed or higher, they win this game. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

You rascal!

Laurel and Hardy fan? There's a movie coming out with John C. Reilly as one of them. I heard a clip on NPR and it sounded fascinating, the relationship between the two.

I'm not sure any technology exists that can measure that kind of stuff. It sure sounds like a dude watching games. Which is fine, but it has to be looked at skeptically.

When I see a chart I like, I'll be the first to admit it. But that one linked was absolutely inscrutable. It's a problem for fancy stats. It's not understandable or accessible for most fans. Maybe the purveyors of the stuff want it that way. Secret handshakes and all. Honestly, if that chart were in the NY Times, would you consider it good journalism?

I'm more poundable. Must be the goatee, cowboy hat and bowtie.

I've thought of this from time to time. If you constructed an NHL roster out of SabreSpace, who would be in what position/role? I call dibs on Skinner. The high-pitched whining and enormous natural talent, etc.

Good journalism? No, but I'd consider it some of their best work.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Perfect timing because (#16) UB basketball is on ESPNU tonight at 7pm. It'll finish in time for the Sabres.

Even better, on the intertubes the true Golden Knights mens & womens teams both played Yale tonight.  54 seconds away from a sweep for the good guys & gals.

PS - Go, go Buf-fa-lo.  (Said in best Barney Rubble voice.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.