Brawndo

Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I wouldn’t take either to force them to make a deal. 3.1 mil Spooner is still a cap dump and seeing as he hasn’t worked out on now 3 teams; who’s to say he personally has problems off ice.

A prime candidate to "lose his love" for the game 😉

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

They have a cap problem now that Sekera is getting healthy

I would take Rattie, if anything he'll help Rochester if/when we call up a winger or 2.

I wouldn't touch Spooner, f#$% Edmonton, I'm still butt hurt over the Eichel/McDavid lottery draw, and I blame them, because...…………...well because 5 or 6 1st over alls and you still look like you do, f$%^ ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know this is a trade thread however we have all seen how bad our PP has been and if Jbot doesn't want to use his draft capital for more talent then dad gummit why can't he improve his coaching with something like this...  

https://unionandblue.com/2019/01/21/columbus-blue-jackets-hire-martin-st-louis-special-teams-consultant/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So you’re saying the value of the pick goes down as the draft number increases. 

11 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Technically, I think Sean Tierney is the one saying that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Technically, I think Sean Tierney is the one saying that.

He should change his name to Captain Obvious. 

• Haha 1

What interested me about the graph was two fold, not his analysis, where the drop off occurs and the fact that he is averaging over years without giving us standard deviation and variability. Might need to confirm again, not sure.

We should try to get Morgan Frost from Philly. 

17 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Looking at that chart... and ask yourself if there is much difference between spending a 2nd, 3rd, Pu on Skinner vs a 1st, 4th, Malone on Eric Staal....

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What does an offer from Buffalo that peaks Philly's interest look like, in your opinion?

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Come to papa Ghostman

What are you willing to give up? Mittlestadt? Guhle?  Both?

Just now, inkman said:

What are you willing to give up? Mittlestadt? Guhle?  Both?

Guhle and picks. Not sure that would do it, but Mitts is untouchable for me

4 minutes ago, jame said:

Looking at that chart... and ask yourself if there is much difference between spending a 2nd, 3rd, Pu on Skinner vs a 1st, 4th, Malone on Eric Staal....

Skinner is 26 and a guy you’d like to add to your core.

Staal is 34.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I did not know who this was, but I do now. If Philly is trading everyone it would probably be a rebuild, and a 19 year old star prospect likely isn't on the table

2 minutes ago, jame said:

What does an offer from Buffalo that peaks Philly's interest look like, in your opinion?

For Morgan Frost? Definitely a first round pick at that point. Probably that and something else. Don't know how much they value Frost. 

If Couturier is available, a 1st, prospect, player. I think you are talking a good prospect to add in there. Not sure who they could want. 

See, I am not against trading a 1st, I am against trading 1 for a rental or an old guy. 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Guhle and picks. Not sure that would do it, but Mitts is untouchable for me

Like a kid at Neverland, Mitts is definitely touchable in my book. 

Just now, inkman said:

He's going to be a star. And, especially considering our sht forward (and especially, center) depth, Mitts is pretty crucial going forward; if he doesn't hit/significantly improve next year, we're kinda *****

• Like 1

Just now, inkman said:

Who are you replacing him with next year? There isn't a center in the org that has his potential. I would be hesitant to trade a center for a defender. This team has all the lefty defenders already. Also Casey has 6 less points than Ghost this season. Ghost is in season 4, Casey is in season 1. I wouldn't do that trade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Skinner is 26 and a guy you’d like to add to your core.

Staal is 34.

I'm just talking about the cost.... 

The norm around here is "oh my god, no way am I trading a 1st"

Reality is a late 1st results in little tangible draft difference than an early-mid 2nd+3rd

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

For Morgan Frost? Definitely a first round pick at that point. Probably that and something else. Don't know how much they value Frost. 

If Couturier is available, a 1st, prospect, player. I think you are talking a good prospect to add in there. Not sure who they could want. 

See, I am not against trading a 1st, I am against trading 1 for a rental or an old guy. 

Frost would cost Mittelstadt

Couturier would cost Mittelstadt, 1st, +

Frost is viewed as a top 10 "not yet in the NHL" prospect... he's equivalent to how Mittelstadt was viewed last year.

Just now, jame said:

I'm just talking about the cost.... 

The norm around here is "oh my god, no way am I trading a 1st"

Reality is a late 1st results in little tangible draft difference than an early-mid 2nd+3rd

There's a pretty solid reason for that

1) We have no prospect pool. 

2) The expansion draft

3) We will have to pay guys like Skinner, Eichel, Dahlin, and possibly Mitts; 1st round picks give you cheap talent

• Like 1