Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, jame said:

everything is condescending.... 

You say: "So you are in favor of wasting assets for nothing."

I say: "So you believe cap space is nothing"

And I'm being condescending and you're... what? Being super cool?

I don't care about your tone, but apparently you're going to harp on mine every 3rd post

I was just pointing it out to you. See my posts don't have this little digs That's really the main difference. Sure we all do it sometimes but you do it a lot, just trying to point out that you may get a different reaction if some of this gets removed. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

That (hypothetical) outcome also means that we don't get Scandella, who was on our top pairing all last year. Maybe we're more of a dumpster fire than we were last year and we don't have the playoff cusp team we have now.

I can do butterfly effect hypotheticals too.

oh no... we wouldn't have the guy who played top pair on the worst team in the league, and now looks like he should be scratched... 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I was just pointing it out to you. See my posts don't have this little digs That's really the main difference. Sure we all do it sometimes but you do it a lot, just trying to point out that you may get a different reaction if some of this gets removed. 

uh huh

"So you are in favor of wasting assets for nothing."

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I started a thread to discuss this because we are way off topic here. Please let's move over to that. 

My mistake.

Good idea.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not about doing it, it is about doing it repeatedly in every other response. We all do it at times but you have response after response with the stuff. That's all I am saying. 

Is there an acceptable ratio then? 

I don't know guys.... this is just how everyone I've ever known talks about sports....  You see it as condescending, I see it as "pass me another beer".

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don’t see any way that Marner will sign for $8 million. Kid thinks he’s equal to Jack and will be able to make a good case for that.

He’s going to watch what Matthews gets and say “I’ve outproduced him over our careers.” He will take less, but not much less.

He’s going to see what they gave Nylander and say “I’m way better than that guy.” And he’ll be right.

Agree on this. What people are talking about is 12/12.5 for Mathews is a shoe in. They specifically talked about Marner and his agent not wanting to discuss contract until season's end because he's going to be asking for 11 to 12 million. One thing they were pointing to is a longterm deal, not one of my former coaches I still speak with said he'd sign any bridge or shorter term deal. These guys are fairly involved in youth, but they still speak with some of their past players, I'd imagine they don't have any inside sources but have somewhat of a reasonable pulse on what could go on.

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I wish he was under contract for a few more years, because I would love to have him

Ive wanted Brassard in blue and gold since Hect was our #1 center.  I’ll admit,  I have no idea what his game has been like lately.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Jeremy White hinting on Twitter that the Sabres are looking at Brian Boyle. Which I guess makes sense if you need to fill the Berglund hole. He's a rental though, which doesn't quite fit Botterill's MO. 

White's guy is always wrong anyway, right? 

If it’s not a 1st then it makes plenty of sense. Botts said he wouldn’t trade a 1st for a rental not that he wouldn’t target a rental in general 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If it’s not a 1st then it makes plenty of sense. Botts said he wouldn’t trade a 1st for a rental not that he wouldn’t target a rental in general 

Hm, you might be right on that. I don't remember his exact language.

Nice part about Boyle is he's cheap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.