Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

I know this is a trade thread however we have all seen how bad our PP has been and if Jbot doesn't want to use his draft capital for more talent then dad gummit why can't he improve his coaching with something like this...  

https://unionandblue.com/2019/01/21/columbus-blue-jackets-hire-martin-st-louis-special-teams-consultant/

• Like (+1) 1

• nfreeman changed the title to Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.
4 minutes ago, jame said:

Looking at that chart... and ask yourself if there is much difference between spending a 2nd, 3rd, Pu on Skinner vs a 1st, 4th, Malone on Eric Staal....

Skinner is 26 and a guy you’d like to add to your core.

Staal is 34.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jame said:

What does an offer from Buffalo that peaks Philly's interest look like, in your opinion?

For Morgan Frost? Definitely a first round pick at that point. Probably that and something else. Don't know how much they value Frost. 

If Couturier is available, a 1st, prospect, player. I think you are talking a good prospect to add in there. Not sure who they could want. 

See, I am not against trading a 1st, I am against trading 1 for a rental or an old guy. 

Just now, inkman said:

Like a kid at Neverland, Mitts is definitely touchable in my book. 

He's going to be a star. And, especially considering our sht forward (and especially, center) depth, Mitts is pretty crucial going forward; if he doesn't hit/significantly improve next year, we're kinda *****

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

Like a kid at Neverland, Mitts is definitely touchable in my book. 

Who are you replacing him with next year? There isn't a center in the org that has his potential. I would be hesitant to trade a center for a defender. This team has all the lefty defenders already. Also Casey has 6 less points than Ghost this season. Ghost is in season 4, Casey is in season 1. I wouldn't do that trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Skinner is 26 and a guy you’d like to add to your core.

Staal is 34.

I'm just talking about the cost.... 

The norm around here is "oh my god, no way am I trading a 1st"

Reality is a late 1st results in little tangible draft difference than an early-mid 2nd+3rd

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

For Morgan Frost? Definitely a first round pick at that point. Probably that and something else. Don't know how much they value Frost. 

If Couturier is available, a 1st, prospect, player. I think you are talking a good prospect to add in there. Not sure who they could want. 

See, I am not against trading a 1st, I am against trading 1 for a rental or an old guy. 

Frost would cost Mittelstadt

Couturier would cost Mittelstadt, 1st, +

Frost is viewed as a top 10 "not yet in the NHL" prospect... he's equivalent to how Mittelstadt was viewed last year.

Just now, jame said:

Reality is a late 1st results in little tangible draft difference than an early-mid 2nd+3rd

There's a pretty solid reason for that

1) We have no prospect pool. 

2) The expansion draft

3) We will have to pay guys like Skinner, Eichel, Dahlin, and possibly Mitts; 1st round picks give you cheap talent

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jame said:

I don’t understand what you mean by “I’m just talking about the cost.” You can say “what’s the difference” between what they gave for Skinner and your proposal for Staal without considering the asset you’re targeting. That’s not how this works.

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So Couturier, Voracek and Ghost are all available?  Get on the damn phone. 

Guhle, Mitts, Nylander and two firsts for the lot of em. Maybe have to include okposo to make salaries work. 

I realize Voracek is older and probably has peaked. The deal is really for Couturier and Ghost. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.