Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

On 1/17/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hoss said:

A lot of hockey trades going on right now. Something I think Botterill really needs to get involved with.

I’ve seen some interesting suggestions on Twitter - one of the most interesting being Ristolainen for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I’m not sure either team does that but it’s an interesting thought.

This interests me like a kick to the Jimmy. RNH is worse at everything than Risto. He scores less, is a giant puss and offers nothing in the line of clutch or playoff experience. Klefbom or Draisaitl better be in that package as well. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

This interests me like a kick to the Jimmy. RNH is worse at everything than Risto. He scores less, is a giant puss and offers nothing in the line of clutch or playoff experience. Klefbom or Draisaitl better be in that package as well. 

Are you still high from last night?   Because I am now and still know Leon > Ristolainen straight up.   Don’t want RNH but..... both for Risto is kind of, you know Ludicrous. 

Edited by Broken Ankles

2 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Are you still high from last night?   Because I am now and still know Leon > Ristolainen straight up.   Don’t want RNH but..... both for Risto is kind of, you know Ludicrous. 

Mr. Ankles,

You have been here almost a year.  You should know our Inky by now.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

You couldn’t get Draisaitl for Risto and two of our firsts.

Would you do Risto and our lowest first for Klefbom and RNH? I would.

11 hours ago, darksabre said:

He's important to the defense from a depth perspective, but I wouldn't say he's a "stud".

potato tomato, he's still our best D right now and he irritates opponents. we need that. He will be a fine #2 D man along with Dahlin as the future #1. You simply don't trade your best young players if you want to build a champion and overrated or not, he is still one of our best players. 

21 hours ago, inkman said:

Is this a thing?

for me and my friends. like you say  tom-eh-toe I say tom-ah-toe but for those arguments/discussions when you feel it's the same in different words but if you go on about it you'll end up arguing for weeks over nothing. if that makes sense.

and if it doesn't, well never mind :)

52 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

for me and my friends. like you say  tom-eh-toe I say tom-ah-toe but for those arguments/discussions when you feel it's the same in different words but if you go on about it you'll end up arguing for weeks over nothing. if that makes sense.

and if it doesn't, well never mind ?

I just didn't know if my old manness was relegating me insifficient in the vernacular of today's youth. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, inkman said:

I'm pretty sure he's better at defending than Risto is. Heyoooooo.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Hoss said:

A lot of hockey trades going on right now. Something I think Botterill really needs to get involved with.

I’ve seen some interesting suggestions on Twitter - one of the most interesting being Ristolainen for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I’m not sure either team does that but it’s an interesting thought.

Please change name of thread to "rumors involving sabres that make you want to vomit"

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, darksabre said:

Eh. He's a mixed bag. You can get some really good play from him in places like breaking up zone entries. But you're also getting some really trash play from him in things like puck handling in tight areas and zone exits. 

He's important to the defense from a depth perspective, but I wouldn't say he's a "stud".

Sure....go ahead and trade Risto then.  This already soft Sabres team goes from 80% to now a 100% "Wussified" group of primarily 6" or taller players who collectively play like they don't want to get their Sunday church clothes wrinkled.  See how far that goes if this team ever makes the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

They have a cap problem now that Sekera is getting healthy

I would take Rattie, if anything he'll help Rochester if/when we call up a winger or 2.

I wouldn't touch Spooner, f#$% Edmonton, I'm still butt hurt over the Eichel/McDavid lottery draw, and I blame them, because...…………...well because 5 or 6 1st over alls and you still look like you do, f$%^ ya!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.