Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

A lot of hockey trades going on right now. Something I think Botterill really needs to get involved with.

I’ve seen some interesting suggestions on Twitter - one of the most interesting being Ristolainen for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I’m not sure either team does that but it’s an interesting thought.

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

A lot of hockey trades going on right now. Something I think Botterill really needs to get involved with.

I’ve seen some interesting suggestions on Twitter - one of the most interesting being Ristolainen for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. I’m not sure either team does that but it’s an interesting thought.

Wasn't there just talk the other day that Edmonton was looking at adding forwards?  This one would seem to get in the way of that.  I realize that it doesn't happen in a vaccuum and they can make other moves, but there's only so much you can do within a month's time.

• nfreeman changed the title to The Trade Thread 2019 Deadline Edition
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Jostling the deck chairs.

A hockey trade between two teams fighting for the playoffs?

This looks like a good move for Carolina. Nino would be our 4th leading forward scorer if he was here.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Good thing for Sabres and JBottsl is that they start February off with seven home games.  Should definitely be able to tell if this Sabres club is a contender for playoffs.  Only two of the seven games are against teams with a better record then Buffalo.  Buffalo really doesn't have any players you would consider rentals, pending UFA's, so if Buffalo runs off another win streak look for JBotts to add a piece for playoff run.  If they continue their downward slide then look for call ups and auditions to finish out the year.

• nfreeman changed the title to Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres)

I didn't realize Baloo was an RFA. That's going to make fulfilling his desire to get traded pretty tough. Most teams would probably prefer to have the Sabres not qualify him and take him cheaper in UFA.

Burakovsky is definitely the most interesting name on that list to me.

Maybe Oleksiak.

17 hours ago, Thorny said:

A hockey trade between two teams fighting for the playoffs?

This looks like a good move for Carolina. Nino would be our 4th leading forward scorer if he was here.

The problem is we don't even really have someone in the 23-25 range that would match Minnesota's desire.  Unless they were interested in Sheary.  That being said, it's a win win for both players.  Rask is a much more dynamic talent than how he was being used in Carolina.  For what it's worth Don Waddell got a "win" in terms of overall talent.  However, they have no clue what their doing down there.  

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

The problem is we don't even really have someone in the 23-25 range that would match Minnesota's desire.  Unless they were interested in Sheary.  That being said, it's a win win for both players.  Rask is a much more dynamic talent than how he was being used in Carolina.  For what it's worth Don Waddell got a "win" in terms of overall talent.  However, they have no clue what their doing down there.  

Agree with the bolded.

And, though Waddell did alright on this one, he was an idiot when running the Threshers & when running the US Olympic team, so odds are he'll continue to be an idiot running the Candy Canes as well.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Hoss said:

I would hate this trade.  RNG looks very slow to me.  The Oiler team is very slow, except of course McDavid who is fast and superb. 

Risto is just starting to be the player he can be.  He is stronger now, his experience is building,  his offensive game is improved.  

This is would be terrible IMO.  

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, Hoss said:

Rickard Rakell

And...………………..GO

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Trading Risto now would be insane. He's a stud this year.

Depends on what you get. I think this franchise needs to be open to everything short of dealing Eichel or Dahlin.

Guys like Risto, McCabe and Reinhart are the pieces you can use in hockey deals. Those firsts can also be used to replace them or add without sacrificing from the roster.

Honestly, if we could use Risto to land RNH and get Edmonton to take Okposo’s contract in the process I’d be happy with that.

I think GMJB should be looking to shuffle the roster before he does the coaching staff.

Edited by Hoss

On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, nfreeman said:

Let's keep this thread limited to actual trades not involving the Sabres, and use the trade speculation thread for hypothetical trades.

So far, not so good, eh?

I have read a lot of 'trade speculation' posts in this thread and, IIRC, only about 1 trade.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Trading Risto now would be insane. He's a stud this year.

Eh. He's a mixed bag. You can get some really good play from him in places like breaking up zone entries. But you're also getting some really trash play from him in things like puck handling in tight areas and zone exits. 

He's important to the defense from a depth perspective, but I wouldn't say he's a "stud".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.