Beaulieu has requested a Trade

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LTS said:

You mean play the player who can join the rush who has scored a few of his goals at the corner of the net as opposed to the guy who spends 3 seconds pointing his stick at God before taking a slap shot that gets blocked or goes wide?

Why would you do that?

They're scoring per game is virtually even.

17 hours ago, Thorny said:

https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/19/beaulieu-is-ready-to-take-every-opportunity-the-sabres-present-to-him/

It does sound as though he put in a pretty strong offseason of preparation, so I can understand the attitude of wanting to get more playing time, especially when he hasn't looked nearly as inept out there as last season, the times he has found a way into the lineup. 

I have no doubt he put the work in and I don't personally think he's without talent.  We are a team with a very low percentage of players under contract.  We need players to earn them and most currently on the team aren't.  I'm an idiot but my guess is Beaulieu does too similar things, just not as well, as the offensive - defenseman we already have - also doesn't offer anything in the way of checking and leadership that a Bogo, Risto, even McCabe does.  

I'm not happy that he hasn't done more - so he can be mad at the team I root for all he'd like. 

He's not someone to get a ton of playing time when we're playing like one of the top teams in the NHL.  He's not someone to get a ton of playing time when we're fighting to stay relevant in the playoff hunt.  He's not someone to get a ton of playoff time for us to show other teams his feathers.  

Now he wants to demand things?  Get gone. 

Edited by 7+6=13

On 1/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, Brawndo said:

I would play him with the Dahlin, inflate his numbers then call Chiarelli 

With the player requesting a trade is it safe to say the return could be lower? The team won’t attract players to come to Buffalo if they just make him sit and at this point the right thing would be to trade him. So it’s a situation where they sort of have to which reduces their leverage on a return.

Unless his improved play has teams calling then disregard this post.

Edited by SABRES 0311

On 1/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, Sabre1974 said:

What's the thoughts on what we might get for him?

I hate to give a BS answer but depends on the team. Also any sweetener we could spare. Some teams are heavy on good forwards, sacrificing their defense. Right team might get us something useful. 

Then again JBott pretty much made Carolina a member of the #METOO movement in the Skinner trade.

3 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I still would keep Beaulieu and trade Scandella.  Beaulieu is 2 years younger and $1.5 million cheaper.  Beaulieu is better skater and more physical.  He has definitely played better this year compared to last year.  Scandella should also get a bigger return.

Just a thought....with the whole "culture" thing and people so touchy about their feelings nowadays, wouldn't trading  Scandella  to make room for Beaulieu after the fact he "requested" a trade, be considered "culture shock"? 

FTR, I'm not for it nor against it. I do however dislike depleting our D-corps and with Fedun gone it would  make that two with NHL experience.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
added to post

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.