Beaulieu has requested a Trade

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

A 26 year old drafted in the first round can't earn playing time on a crappy defensive team - and he's mad?  

https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/19/beaulieu-is-ready-to-take-every-opportunity-the-sabres-present-to-him/

It does sound as though he put in a pretty strong offseason of preparation, so I can understand the attitude of wanting to get more playing time, especially when he hasn't looked nearly as inept out there as last season, the times he has found a way into the lineup. 

Edited by Thorny

The guy is a nightmare in his own zone.  He has been outplayed by 2 rookies and by Nelson (when healthy).  He is now the 7th D and will be 8th when Nelson returns.  I'd argue that he is actually 9th behind Guhle as well.  I said trade him earlier today in another thread.  I'm glad he agrees.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems to me the right way to go about getting more playing time would be to #1 play a game that demands it or #2 ask the coach what you can do for more playing time.

Instead he tweets about it where his agent needs to "clarify" his remarks in a little damage control.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

While I understand the apprehension about 2 guys wanting to bail, I'd be much more concerned if even one of them were getting regular ice time.  Beaulieu is in a contract year and is probably worried about getting another multi-year NHL contract, let alone a high-paying one.  And Bergy appears to have had something else going on in his life as he seems to have more or less quit the game.

I can appreciate Beaulieu's concerns, and this might end up getting him what he wants, but it could easily backfire on him too.

• Like (+1) 2

Don't over analyze the tea leaves. Here is a guy looking at what could very well be his last year in the NHL, on a team that is swirling the drain for the past month, while he watches from the press box. Cries of desperation to get sent anywhere that he might have half a chance to breathe life into his career and get a one year, two way contract for next season. Just another bump in the road. By the end of October 2019, most will have forgotten his 20 games played this season for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

Nate is a good skater, inconsistent defender with size but too often plays like he has no idea what he is doing under pressure.  At his best yes he is good, but he doesnt bring it every night... generally seems like a good guy.

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Who is the other guy that wants to be traded (?)

Berglund sort of just up and quit

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Nate is a good skater, inconsistent defender with size but too often plays like he has no idea what he is doing under pressure.  At his best yes he is good, but he doesnt bring it every night... generally seems like a good guy.

Berglund sort of just up and quit

Oh .. well.. bit of a different story i guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be pissed too if I was Beaulieu

Scandella really does not bring anything to the team this year and should have been in the press box numerous times.  I would certainly give it a shot.  I'm not saying Beaulieu has been amazing either, but certainly not much worse than Scandella.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Thing about Baloo is at least he has some offensive talent. We're getting caved in defensively anyway so we might as well be playing the guy who has a better nose for the net.

You mean play the player who can join the rush who has scored a few of his goals at the corner of the net as opposed to the guy who spends 3 seconds pointing his stick at God before taking a slap shot that gets blocked or goes wide?

Why would you do that?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

BTW, while I appreciate @GASabresIUFAN‘s doggedness with the Beaulieu narrative, there is NFW that Guhle is ahead of him in the D rotation.  

If management didn’t have the option for Guhle to stay in Rochester and play big minutes and wasn’t paying 2.6 to Baloo, Guhle would be playing ahead of him. 

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If management didn’t have the option for Guhle to stay in Rochester and play big minutes and wasn’t paying 2.6 to Baloo, Guhle would be playing ahead of him. 

Of course, there's no way of knowing this, but what we do know is that Guhle has never, in any of his callups, earned any extended NHL time -- and IMHO has looked pretty far from being ready.

42 minutes ago, LTS said:

You mean play the player who can join the rush who has scored a few of his goals at the corner of the net as opposed to the guy who spends 3 seconds pointing his stick at God before taking a slap shot that gets blocked or goes wide?

Why would you do that?

My Word, how acerbic!

Edited by PASabreFan
No S before C if before an erbic

57 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Of course, there's no way of knowing this, but what we do know is that Guhle has never, in any of his callups, earned any extended NHL time -- and IMHO has looked pretty far from being ready.

Other than the 18 games he played for us last year in an extended callup where he and Nelson were an effective pair. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.