GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers. 14 January 2019 @ 9:00 PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I think I want to see Beaulieu in the line up tonight.  

That does not convince me.   If a hot Robin Lehner is their ticket then I will  be happy to wait out his pending collapse. 

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone said about the the November/December Sabres, so you're probably right. I see the Isles have gone 8-2-0 in their last ten, perhaps they'll actually be a good team after this hot streak unlike the Sabres.

7 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sorry.  I will delete, but that will not help, as my post has been quoted many times.

Ellis is very close, indeed.  And not just in spelling.

No doubt.  Are you a USMC vet?

My uncle was a WWII vet and had an army tattoo, which was an eagle.

So, I am familiar with the symbolism of the eagle.  It has been used as a symbol of strength down through the ages, as @... pointed out.

In the miniature avatar it is clear that it is an eagle and I am not familiar with the emblem of the USMC.  And with the skull the avatar looks very sinister to me.

Again, my apologies and I meant no harm, or offense.

No need to delete anything and no offense taken. I enjoy talking about the military. Ups and downs like anything else.

I am still in.

The Eagle in this case stands for country. Globe is for worldwide service. Anchor for naval traditions.

GO SABRES, we need this.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

It’s a U.S Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor imposed on a skull.

Elie wishes his hockey skills were near my GDTs.

Had to look up difference between that and Navy... Dad was 1st Lieu EOD Frogman back in the 50s, now lives near Camp Pendelton so I see both and forget which is which...TY for explanation of symbol.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Those lines are not terrible.

I know Samson should be on his own line, but who are you going to put with Jack and Jeff?

Maybe try Erod up there with them?

I'm not sure KO belongs with Girgs and Larry either.  I think I would try Sobotka (sp?) with them and KO with Mitts and that other guy.

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I missed the weekend game, did the Thompson experiment work?

It really never stood a chance. Eichel looked rusty.

Reinhart ended up back on line 1 in the third. It's still the wrong place for him in my opinion, but I guess he needs to be there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thompson was a non-factor with Jack; didn’t screw up exactly, but looked uncertain of his role, like it was his first NHL game or something. 

Reinhart looked pretty good anchoring his own line though. He seems to want to hold the puck more away from Jack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Thompson was a non-factor with Jack; didn’t screw up exactly, but looked uncertain of his role, like it was his first NHL game or something. 

I bet it can seem that way playing top line minutes for the first time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.