GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers. 14 January 2019 @ 9:00 PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A lot of games we have lost this year have still been fun to watch. This was not one of them.

The idea that we are somehow not better than last year is ridiculous though. 

More talent same result. It’s great we will finish higher than 31st but 31st overall and 9th in the conference have one thing in common. Both play golf in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

A lot of games we have lost this year have still been fun to watch. This was not one of them.

The idea that we are somehow not better than last year is ridiculous though. 

If you take Skinner off this roster you will have more losses. He’s having his best season ever and if he walks at the end of the season you again take another step back. Yes I like are other additions as well but I believe we need a better coach. I don’t think Phil Housley is the right guy for this team. Joel Quinnville is available I make the call for him.

I think Bots has done a great job with the amateur scouts and finally have taken the right steps. And what I mean is you need strong scouting that finds players that can contribute at the nhl level that is drafted in rounds 2-7. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

52 to 24 shot attempts?

I’m sorry, tank level performance?

We should be winning this game.

It's almost like shot attempts are a scam, along with the rest of analytics.

8 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Dahlin has absolutely 0 puckluck.

Or he's not a scorer. Like Jack. Fun to watch though. Good skaters.

8 hours ago, ... said:

Holy smokes, when Kassian and Lucic both have two on you in the same game, it's time for some peyote and serious soul-searching.

McDavid made it a hat trick of "why us?"

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm certainly not going to predict it, and I won't even argue it's fair, but this is the type of game that can get a coach fired. 

Probably not. But two more this week?

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Eleven Days off is plenty of time for a new coach to get a handle on this team 

You stir things deep within my loin. (Thanks again for the prostate check. Nice touch.)

8 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Eichels mailed it in

I wouldn't go that far. I saw two almost sarcastic drop pass/back pass moves by Eichel when the game was slipping away. Hard to explain why they caught my eye, but I thought he was pissed and trying to make some point — "I'll play pond hockey too"?

8 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Careful, he’s a young coach who needs veteran leadership to pick him up. Maybe we should pay him 10 mil a year.

He's not young.

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I now concede the GDT to someone else. Thank you for contributing and good luck to whoever takes it. ?

I could try, but I'm not that good at it. (My only GDT was a 9-2 win.)

Edited by PASabreFan

What a bunch of pathetic "bandwagon" fans(?) ya'll are. I suggest you guys all go back and read some of the posts during the win streak and get your lives back together. All this whining and crying over fire the coach, Jack O'Reilley losing his love for the game,  we're gonna lose Skinner if this keeps up, we, need to fix the PP,  Hutton's just a back-up, start Ullmark, our prospect pool sucks, JBots sitting on his hands doing nothing, *sniffle* WAHHHHHHHHHHH.

We need to get Bots to trade for Malkin and P. Kane and put them with Mitts. I don't care if we have to give up both 6th rd picks, Guhle,, Bailey, Cornell, Myles Powell, and Malone. I know Bailey and Malone are local boys but we have to give if we want to get back. Besides, you're bringing in Kane so that will relieve some of the pain. 

JBot, if you're reading this (I assume you are as you read all my posts) ......GIT 'er done!!!

Gotta go, it's time for my "day after the game" sarcasm shake. Does anyone know where I can trade in my Hamilton Beach blender for a Ninja....I'll even throw in the cord?

I have a theory (it’s simple and it’s out there) ...

Mother Earth is hooking up with one of the Hockey gods (probably Howe since he’s fresh on the scene and has rippling abs).  She complains about being violated by this guy Terry Pegula.  The Hockey god decides a lifetime of suckage by the Sabres is a fitting punishment for the owner and fans.  He understands that if he provides a little hope along the way (10 game win streaks, Dahlin, Skinner, etc.) that the return to suckage will be all the more painful and torturous.

Anyone else got more plausible theory?

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's almost like shot attempts are a scam, along with the rest of analytics.

NSFW

10 minutes ago, Beer said:

Mother Earth is hooking up with one of the Hockey gods (probably Howe since he’s fresh on the scene and has rippling abs).  She complains about being violated by this guy Terry Pegula.  The Hockey god decides a lifetime of suckage by the Sabres is a fitting punishment for the owner and fans.  He understands that if he provides a little hope along the way (10 game win streaks, Dahlin, Skinner, etc.) that the return to suckage will be all the more painful and torturous.

Phil Housley isn't a good head coach and can't find ways to keep his team motivated and adapted. 

13 minutes ago, Beer said:

I'd trade Howe for McJesus and an old wooden Coho stick.

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Makes me yearn for Ray, Barnaby, May and Boughner. That was fun hockey. 

Those boys, while lacking in the finer skills of the game, at least worked their ass off night in and night out for their coach! That was fun hockey to watch. ahhhhhh,.............good times!

6 minutes ago, Beer said:

Maybe Mother Earth is a sadist, loved having her depths penetrated, and is upset that Pegula left her so quickly.  Now she's a psycho stalker, causing the laws of physics to mutate during Sabres games to invoke pain.  Until Terry comes back.

Maybe Fate has pointed the finger at us to write the book on how the concepts of world peace through understanding, highly advanced societies without using natural resources, and truly enlightened, spiritually free individuals forming one worldwide mind can all come together through Sabres hockey, but Fate is angry none of us have started writing that book, let alone recognized the mandate (until now).

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Wondering about the folks behind the bench now. Started so well.  

How is it that they were able to coach them to a 10 game win streak and make all of the SS world happy?

EDIT: I wouldn't worry too much, these last few games we lost because of some"bad" bounces.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

Fun fact, Pilut with Baloo is actually a decent pairing in the short sample size we have. Scandella with Baloo... ***** trainwreck. In only 34 minutes of 5v5 TOI they have allowed 4 goals. Their HD Corsi for is 37% and they even started in the offensive zone 67% of the time. 

Bench Scandella and put Pilut with Baloo but under no circumstances should we ever see a Scandella Baloo pairing again. 

2 minutes ago, eman said:

and seriously, does that make any sense? (as Scandella gets a huge pass on his play for most of this season)

Sure, Phil continually favors his veterans and treats players differently. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.