GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers. 14 January 2019 @ 9:00 PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

Players need to play held and held accountable. A lot of players not hustling. They seem soft. They need to play fast up front and play tough on the backend. 

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Careful, he’s a young coach who needs veteran leadership to pick him up. Maybe we should pay him 10 mil a year.

When Chicago fired Quinnville I would have been on the phone the next day. 

• Like (+1) 2

I am starting to think that eichel is not going to be in Buffalo at the end of his 8 year contract. If he wants out of this city in a couple years, I think there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. He is proven tonight that he is not a leader and the continuous losing will force him out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Even though I think Housley sucks, I don't think it has anything to do with how bad this team is. There's a bunch of crap on this roster

I don't think they're that bad.  There is no reason the power play should be this bad. 

Defensive coverage is a coachable thing. It's been terrible the last few weeks.

Line-up choices have been iffy too.  

And the locker room management has been pretty terrible.  What does it say that the team decides that Housley can't manage a guy like O'Reilly. 

A veteran coach would get more out of this team.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Well, let’s see.   We had 40 shots on goal to their 25, 0 for 4 on the PP,  PK gave up a goal on Edmonton’s only PP.   Terrible goaltending from Hutton, erratic play in our end, and many missed opportunities.  

Montreal won tonight. 

Geez Punch, you're going to make me drink tonight.  Wait a minute, you're two hours late.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.