GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers. 14 January 2019 @ 9:00 PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Craig Rivet says that the Oilers are the west’s version of us up front:

A superstar (Eichel/McDavid) a star (Skinner/Draisaitl) a first liner (Reinhart/Nuge) an anchor (Okposo/Lucic) and a whole pile of nothing.

In case anyone forgot, count your lucky stars before you go to bed that the Sabres LUCKED into Dahlin. 

Then count them again. 

It's pretty much the thing separating us from them in terms of long term roster outlook.

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A superstar (Eichel/McDavid) a star (Skinner/Draisaitl) a first liner (Reinhart/Nuge) an anchor (Okposo/Lucic) and a whole pile of nothing.

True enough to hurt.

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We do have a much better defense. Light years ahead in the NHL and in Rochester. Taken with a large grain of salt is his comparison.

41 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I expect 10 to 12 without my daughter's hand, 7 to 8.4 with it, depending on her dedication to physical fitness.

It's only fair as a Sabres fanatic to expect a big dowry (as in a Big Silver Cup) isn't it?

You know, there's nothing keeping you from giving your permission for her to get married now, ya know?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

In case anyone forgot, count your lucky stars before you go to bed that the Sabres LUCKED into Dahlin. 

Then count them again. 

It's pretty much the thing separating us from them in terms of long term roster outlook.

We can also remember they lucked into McDavid. Imagine the Oilers Roster with Dylan Strome instead of Connor? Talk about a depressed fan base.

Well i played along with the superstitious change posting to change up their luck but truth be told was busy with family and work. I know i can't change the teams outcome with anything I do or do not do here. 

i can say that when this team plays a simple game, gives maximum effort across the board and minimizes the brain farts they do create their own luck a often a few more bounces their way follows. I also know if we had a coach that knew how to design and teach a PP we would also have had a few more wins than losses over the past 6 weeks.

So here we are past the half way point and we are what our record says we are a playoff bubble team.

So now we get to see how this team responds and can they do what it takes to make a run and make it fun...

Lets go Buff-a-lo.        

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.