GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres. 12 January 2019 @ 7:00PM EST on MSG.

SABRES 0311

I'm too old to give up on the boys.  This loss hurts but they are still in the hunt.  Couldn't have said that for the last several years.  I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic, just going to watch how the entire season unfolds.  Either way, it will be a learning (and hopefully growing) experience for the team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

So, where do we go from here lol.

I reckon those 1st round picks of Buffalo are starting to gain some real value.

Not that it matters much, I know, but they played the top team in the league for 50 minutes or so. We all know the familiar cliché, We still have work to do?

Not for nothing, but I thought Larsson and Girgensons had solid games. Hoping to build on that.

Team needs to focus on eliminating mistakes and developing mental toughness.  With Quennville sitting out there, they need to quickly figure out if Housley can figure this thing out.

• Like (+1) 2

You guys are amazingly negative.   Some of you stop watching when the game is not over.  Now this talk of the  season being  over.  Out of top 8  blah, blah , blah ...  

We are on the same level as Montreal and NYI.   Lots of hockey  to play.   We can get a wildcard spot. It’s possible. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

If this thread is an indication of Sabres Fan's true colors, I'm not sure I want to be one. 

Right, after sticking with this team during 7 years of some of the worst hockey played in NHL history, the fans are the problem ?

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

Team needs to focus on eliminating mistakes and developing mental toughness.  With Quennville sitting out there, they need to quickly figure out if Housley can figure this thing out.

I would be phoning Quenneville ASAP!!! I think he could give our defense some structure at least. They are awful. (and have been for some time) Young Dahlin and Risto would benefit I am betting. Nothing Phil has shown me so far indicates that he should remain. There is more talent here than some are giving credit. I still believe it's coaching that is lacking. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

If this thread is an indication of Sabres Fan's true colors, I'm not sure I want to be one. 

I’ll always be one.  We looked the the California Golden Seal for 5 years and now we are getting better.  If the fans can’t see it I don’t know what to say.   

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The call on Larsson was weak. Eichel hit the TB player in the head. It might not have been elbowing, but it was still a penalty. There's no beef on the Pilut call. Any blaming of the refs for the loss is a bit of a stretch.

You serious? show me a clip where we can see that Jack even touches his head. 

And if u cant do that, please tell us how that was a penalty, looking forward to ur respons

Edited by MODO Hockey

Just now, Pimlach said:

I’ll always be one.  We looked the the California Golden Seal for 5 years and now we are getting better.  If the fans can’t see it I don’t know what to say.   

Can't remember us wearing white skates ?.

The game against Carolina was far worse than this one.  The Sabres played well and had a very good chance of pulling one, if not two points.  Yes, they made some key mistakes and the refs didn't help, but I thought it was a good game against clearly the best team in the league.  It's only the context of the recent trend and coming off of that bad loss in Carolina that makes this feel worse.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.