GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes -- Jan. 11, 2019

North Buffalo

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Precisely. Don done best jinxed the Canes right there.

Hopefully this is as reliable as the Rob Ray color commentary jinxes.  I yell at the TV “SHUT UP” everytime he recites favorable stats about the Sabres PK or if one of the goalies is pitching a shutout.  Within minutes of the words leaving his lips there is a puck in the back of our net.  Everytime damn time! Keep the stats to yourself Rayzor!  

5 hours ago, Beer said:

Skinner named to All-Star roster!  Good vibes going today!

I have no idea why we want our players to play one more game in the regular season than they have to.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have a thought for that but I don't feel like getting banned for making a harmless joke. 

Flinging Trump? Is that the joke?

I was going to counter the Skinner sign with one that read OUR 76-YEAR-OLD ANNOUNCER CAN BEAT UP YOUR 76-YEAR OLD ANNOUNCER, but when I went hunting for the actual age of the Canes' longtime radio announcer, Chuck Kaiton, who goes all the way back to the Whalers, I found out his contract was not renewed before this season. I never did find out how old he is, but he must be a fair bit younger than Rick.

Out all wee on business trip. 

God to be home again.  Ready to watch the Sabres,  another important game, they all are when your relevant!

I'm think we have a big night from Skinner, especially if Eichel plays.    Feel good about this game. 

Skinner reminds me a lot of Rick Martin with his skating (I think Skinner is actually better) and his uncanny knack to pick corners on net.

So many games I remember Martin wrist shooting to the upper corner from the left boards. Just a childhood memory that he brings out in me. I was at a Montreal/Sabres game as a kid and Martin just picked his corner............Skinner, so Martin like, to me in any event.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I was going to counter the Skinner sign with one that read OUR 76-YEAR-OLD ANNOUNCER CAN BEAT UP YOUR 76-YEAR OLD ANNOUNCER, but when I went hunting for the actual age of the Canes' longtime radio announcer, Chuck Kaiton, who goes all the way back to the Whalers, I found out his contract was not renewed before this season. I never did find out how old he is, but he must be a fair bit younger than Rick.

A short look into this raises some question as to his age.

Wikipedia says he started his broadcasting career in 1969 at his alma mater Univ of Michigan.

USA Today article about the 'Canes letting him go (offered an 80% cut in salary) says he is 66yrs old.

If he is in fact 66yrs old he would have been born in about 1952 (the article was dated 7/25/18).

If born in 1952, then he started his "broadcasting career" at his alma mater at age 17? Doesn't sound right.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.