GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes -- Jan. 11, 2019

North Buffalo

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I admit got spoiled by the 10 games... it was nice to win again, we’ve been trash since... it’s frustrating watching us descend back out of contention when we had such a lead just a month ago.  It feels like last years team again.  Hopefully we’ll turn it around and start stringing some wins together.  

The problem is tonight brings the Canes into the mix.

10 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Jack is rusty and Thompson's game isn't at a level (yet) where he can hang with Eichel and Skinner.

I think Thompson needs to move around a little more in the o zone. It seemed like he wasn't really where Skinner or Jack needed him to be, but I think it's because he's not used to playing with them. Reinhart knows that you have to help Skinner when he's getting double teamed but Tage was just kinda watching. 

2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Carolina is playing a tight game.  Reinhart needs to be moved up to the first line to help create space for Eichel and Skinner.

They are playing a tight game but we’re getting better chances. We just need to keep playing our game. Their luck has run out. I hope. 

I am really impressed with Ferland's game.  I would love for them to go after him as a UFA this summer.  Put him on the top line with Jack and Skinner.  Creates space, and could be the protector of your top players. Also knows how to put the puck in the net.  Kind of like a cleaner version of Tom Wilson.

Edited by sweetlou
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.