GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes -- Jan. 11, 2019

North Buffalo

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Just got home, how we looking ? 

A pretty even period. Hutton whiffed on a simple shot and the puck bounced off the top of the net and was dropping behind Hutton when Scandella knocked in an own goal trying to save it. Sabres got a late PP and Skinner jammed in a goal mouth rebound. Edit: well, not whiffed; misplayed.

Edited by PASabreFan

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So with 40 goals being a formality for Skinner (that's fantastic), does he make 50? Yay or nay. 

I say he does it like Danny Gare did back in the day with a hat trick in the last game to get 50.  BTW, in that same game, Rick Martin needed one goal to get to 50 and didn't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So with 40 goals being a formality for Skinner (that's fantastic), does he make 50? Yay or nay. 

I think he does.

He'd be worth every bit of 8.5 to 9 for 8 years. I don't see his skating slowing down for the next 6. He's just a pure sniper, you have to keep him.

My concern isn't re-signing Skinner, it's building a line 2 comparable to keeping up with the Jones's (Toronto, Tampa, Boston) for the next 8 yrs without sacrificing defense.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

A pretty even period. Hutton whiffed on a simple shot and the puck bounced off the top of the net and was dropping behind Hutton when Scandella knocked in an own goal trying to save it. Sabres got a late PP and Skinner jammed in a goal mouth rebound. Edit: well, not whiffed; misplayed.

I think he batted it in out of the air. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.