GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes -- Jan. 11, 2019

North Buffalo

Sabres take on the Windbags in Carolina

Game Time Discussion further here known as GTD not GTM or any other variation I have come up with...

Game Starts at 7:30p EST. down in Carolina

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/buf-vs-car/2019/01/11/2018020683#game=2018020683,game_state=preview

Carolina has been playing better of late but were schooled last night so for those going to the game I except a report on baby eating an pillaging.  Anything less than 30 babies eaten will be considered unacceptable.

I hope the Sabres make Rob Brindamore's nose more crooked... 

Have at it.

Edited by North Buffalo
GDT or GTD?

LW C RW
Jeff Skinner
JEFF SKINNER

Rating: 81.4#5 LW

Jack Eichel
JACK EICHEL

Rating: 81.1#16 C

Tage Thompson
TAGE THOMPSON

Rating: 69.8#173 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 77.46#14 FL1
Conor Sheary
CONOR SHEARY

Rating: 71.1#101 LW

Vladimir Sobotka
VLADIMIR SOBOTKA

Rating: 68.3#189 C

Sam Reinhart
SAM REINHART

Rating: 76.3#31 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 71.89#24 FL2
Zemgus Girgensons
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS

Rating: 69.7#174 LW

Casey Mittelstadt
CASEY MITTELSTADT

Rating: 70.0#166 C

Jason Pominville
JASON POMINVILLE

Rating: 73.5#52 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.06#25 FL3
Evan Rodrigues
EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 71.0#103 LW

Johan Larsson
JOHAN LARSSON

Rating: 68.5#140 C

Kyle Okposo
KYLE OKPOSO

Rating: 70.7#87 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 70.03#20 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS
Lawrence Pilut
LAWRENCE PILUT

Rating: 73.1#52 LD

Rasmus Ristolainen
RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

Rating: 76.6#23 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 74.82#19 DL1
Rasmus Dahlin
RASMUS DAHLIN

Rating: 73.1#51 LD

Zach Bogosian
ZACH BOGOSIAN

Rating: 71.0#75 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 72.06#22 DL2
Marco Scandella
MARCO SCANDELLA

Rating: 71.6#79 LD

Jake McCabe
JAKE MCCABE

Rating: 71.4#88 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 71.51#15 DL3

LW C RW
Brock McGinn
BROCK MCGINN

Rating: 72.3#71 LW

Sebastian Aho
SEBASTIAN AHO

Rating: 80.1#9 C

Teuvo Teravainen
TEUVO TERAVAINEN

Rating: 77.0#26 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 76.49#18 FL1
Micheal Ferland
MICHEAL FERLAND

Rating: 73.5#47 LW

Lucas Wallmark
LUCAS WALLMARK

Rating: 71.7#119 C

Jordan Martinook
JORDAN MARTINOOK

Rating: 70.5#89 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 71.91#22 FL2
Andrei Svechnikov
ANDREI SVECHNIKOV

Rating: 72.6#66 LW

Greg McKegg
GREG MCKEGG

Rating: 72.1#106 C

Justin Williams
JUSTIN WILLIAMS

Rating: 75.5#35 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 73.41#8 FL3
Warren Foegele
WARREN FOEGELE

Rating: 72.6#64 LW

Victor Rask
VICTOR RASK

Rating: 71.2#136 C

Saku Maenalanen
SAKU MAENALANEN

Rating: 73.8#45 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 72.56#2 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS
Jaccob Slavin
JACCOB SLAVIN

Rating: 76.9#16 LD

Brett Pesce
BRETT PESCE

Rating: 74.1#32 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 75.50#17 DL1
Calvin de Haan
CALVIN DE HAAN

Rating: 74.2#33 LD

Justin Faulk
JUSTIN FAULK

Rating: 76.4#24 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 75.28#6 DL2
Trevor van Riemsdyk
TREVOR VAN RIEMSDYK

Rating: 71.9#69 LD

Dougie Hamilton
DOUGIE HAMILTON

Rating: 78.6#15 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 75.28#1 DL3

Carolina is 11-7-4 at home while Buffalo is 9-9-3 away. Carolina has a -11 goal differential with Buffalo at +4. Carolina is coming off a loss to surprise surprise the the Tampa Bay Lightening. With a couple days rest the Sabres need to take advantage of what should be a tired Hurricane team.

Expect a motivated Skinner to face his old team in their barn along with his partner in crime, Jack Eichel looking to increase the size of the Ichel tower. 

A new look to the overall lineup hopefully sparks some secondary scoring and fingers crossed on the power play. Good opportunity to stay in the playoff talk and move up the standings. 

McElhinney played last night for the Canes. He has the better SV% of their trio with .922. Mrazek is at .902. With the time off I could see Ullmark getting the start but this is a good chance for Hutton to prove he should still be the starter in Buffalo.

MUST WIN!!!!!

ROCKET APPLIANCES

Edited by SABRES 0311

Do we know for sure Eichel is going tonight? Reports sounded good, but it was sounding like a Game Time decision? I'd still prefer we play CJ Smith over one of the guys..

I'm hoping the emotion of Skinner's first game back carries us to a glorious win. We have Tampa Bay tomorrow and I want to come out of this weekend with 4 points (though I'd settle for 3 if I'm being honest).

MUST WIN!

• nfreeman changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes -- Jan. 11, 2019
13 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Eichel said he’s 100% and looking forward to the game. 

Yeah, but he doesn't (I hope) get final say on if he's healthy enough to play. I know Housley said he looked good after yesterday's practice. I hope he plays tonight, but not unless he's good. I'd don't want him to come back tonight and then end up missing tomorrow..

Skinner - Eichel - Thompson have played a whopping 4:36 together in all situations. They allowed 1 goal but had a positive corsi (60%). Their high danger corsi was 50%. They started in the offensive zone 75% of the time. The 1 goal they allowed was from a high danger scoring area. They had 1 HD shot attempt or 12 per 60min. 

Sheary - Sobotka - Reinhart have played 50:49 together in all situations. They scored 1 goal and have a positive corsi (50.50%). Their high danger corsi was 57.89%. They started in the offensive zone 75% of the time. Their 1 goal scored was from a high danger scoring area. They had 11 HD shot attempts or 12.9 per 60min.

Erod - Larsson - Okposo have played only 1:54 together in all situations so who knows. 

Zemgus - Mitts - Pommers have played 8:39 together in all situations. They scored 1 goal and have a positive corsi (60%). Their high danger corsi was 66.67%. They started in the offensive zone 85.71% of the time. Their 1 goal scored was from a high danger area. They had 4 HD shot attempt or 26.67 per 60min. 

(HD or High Danger shots are defined by this http://blog.war-on-ice.com/new-defining-scoring-chances/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Yeah, but he doesn't (I hope) get final say on if he's healthy enough to play. I know Housley said he looked good after yesterday's practice. I hope he plays tonight, but not unless he's good. I'd don't want him to come back tonight and then end up missing tomorrow..

The guy got a GM and coach fired. In Buffalo one does not tell Eichel when he plays.

Eichel doesn’t put pucks in the net. The next moves to the puck out of respect for the ginger one.

Edited by SABRES 0311

A 3 game streak here especially beating Tampa would turn this place around eh? Especially in terms of morale. 

It all starts by pulling out your eating utensils, pitchforks, roasting spits, cauldrons or whatever your preferred method, and taking them to Raleigh to pillage and feast. 

Let's go!! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

A 3 game streak here especially beating Tampa would turn this place around eh? Especially in terms of morale. 

It all starts by pulling out your eating utensils, pitchforks, roasting spits, cauldrons or whatever your preferred method, and taking them to Raleigh to pillage and feast. 

Let's go!! 

"Hey you, baby, get in my BELLY!"

fatbastard.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

McElhinney played last night for the Canes. He has the better SV% of their trio with .922. Mrazek is at .902. With the time off I could see Ullmark getting the start but this is a good chance for Hutton to prove he should still be the starter in Buffalo.

Mrazek played last night .  I assume we'll get McElhinney?

Thanks, NB.

Awesome start, but just remember if the Sabres lose tonight we will turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs and you will be put on notice with me.

+++++

The Canes are a beatable team, but I hope the Sabres do not take them lightly.  I suspect they won't with Eich back and Skinny with a ton, not that he needs it, of motivation against his former team.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
woke up this morning ... smiled at the cloudy sky ... and my typing is just as bad

6 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks, NB.

Awesome start, but just remember if the Sabres lose tonight we will turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs and you will be put on notice with me.

+++++

The Canes are a beatable team, but I hope the Sabres do not take them lightly.  I suspect they won't with Eich back and Skinny with a ton, not that he needs it, of motivation against his former team.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Hey that just means I wont have to do this crap anymore... that being said gonna ride the wave ? as long as the Sabres do. I hear windbags create narly waves for surfing...lugo-florida-munster.jpeg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.