Practice Report: Thursday, 1-10-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

That top line is not going to work. Thompson simply cannot possess the puck or transition with it...really he can't do anything other than shoot it. He's going to neuter that line. 

You haven't been paying attention.  He's been moving the puck smartly lately.

That top line is not going to work. Thompson simply cannot possess the puck or transition with it...really he can't do anything other than shoot it. He's going to neuter that line. 

CJ Smith should be in. Replace Sobotka with Smith

I disagree. Thompson has looked quite good with the puck lately. 

• Like (+1) 3

Skinner-Eichel-Thompson
Sheary-Sobotka-Reinhart
Girgensons-Mittelstadt-Pominville
Rodrigues-Larsson-Okposo

Interesting. 

Howie seems to like Sobotka's game lately.  Let's see how Reino does as primary playmaker with 2 lesser linemates.

I'm ready to healthy-scratch Pommer in favor of CJ.

I'll predict that Larsson's line gets more ice time than Casey's line.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

CJ Smith should be in. Replace Sobotka with Smith

If Eichel plays, the Sabres would be at 24. They have to get to 23. It’s a numbers game, someone has to get sent down. Likely Smith later today. 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We'll see. I still watch a gangly slow guy trying toe drags through 3 defenders all the time.

I see a guy that can dangle when inclined to, but is making much smarter decisions of late.

Or cut/waive/leave Ellie on the tarmac

Agree.  I don't see him as a long term piece; he was more of a Wilson replacement.  Wilson's skating again and will be available soon, and CJ is still here.  It'd be nice to reward him with a few more games after scoring the goal Tuesday.

Just now, Doohickie said:

I see a guy that can dangle when inclined to, but is making much smarter decisions of late.

Come on man Thompson tries and fails dangles all game, doesn't matter if the opportunity is there or not he's gonna try it. Sometimes even in his own zone.

Has he been better? Sure. Has he been a lot better than he was? Looks like it. I still don't think he's going to help that line, unless he lets Skinner and Jack run around while he waits somewhere for a shot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.