Michael Gilbert Resigns

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

I looked at the twitter account @tom webster referenced, and there was a reply mentioning "a certain Christmas party."  No knowledge of what the reference means or the truth of it of course, but here we go again (maybe).

I didn't see anything to that effect there. Maybe it was deleted?

On 1/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, Sabel79 said:

I looked at the twitter account @tom webster referenced, and there was a reply mentioning "a certain Christmas party."  No knowledge of what the reference means or the truth of it of course, but here we go again (maybe).

Well whoever said that was spot on

It all went wrong here:

[they] joined a group of about two dozen male and female PSE employees at Mulligan’s Brick Bar on Allen Street around midnight on Dec. 16

If you're at Brickbar after midnight and your over, like, 25, your just asking for trouble. I say that having been there many nights after midnight.

Good job by PSE going hard after this crap. To many companies ignore it or hush it up. That this was taken seriously immediately says a lot.

Edited by sabills

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Don't get drunk with your co-workers folks!!

I dunno, I get drunk with my co-workers and I'm pretty sure I've never even encroached on any level of harassment (other than my presence).  It's interesting that I am seeing this right after reading an article about the head of Michigan State resigning after submitting a quote to the news that the victims of Larry Nassar are "still enjoying the spotlight".  

I hate to stereotype, but it seems that if you are an older white dude, you have a heightened probability of also being a disrespectful and distasteful jackhole.

18 minutes ago, sabills said:

It all went wrong here:

If you're at Brickbar after midnight and your over, like, 25, your just asking for trouble. I say that having been there many nights after midnight.

Good job by PSE going hard after this crap. To many companies ignore it or hush it up. That this was taken seriously immediately says a lot.

How much of this is because of Kim Pegula's level of influence inside the organization?  If she we weren't holding positions of power and showcasing herself as a more than capable executive I wonder if it would have been more likely to swing the other way.

It's obviously a good thing that it's not. Jackholes like this need to get out of the corporate world and go spend time on their cozy private club golf courses until their end of days. I'm tired of hearing about it and (because I am a white, slightly less younger than them dude) being somewhat associated with them.  

29 minutes ago, sabills said:

It all went wrong here:

I haven't been there in a very long time, but it seemed that the bar was pretty much dominated by, umm, "veterans of the tavern"* while the rest of the crowd was younger.

Very proud of PSE's stance on this stuff, though.

*You know the type.  Prematurely grey, slumped over, putting a dash of salt into that last draft beer to refresh the suds...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.