Skinner Contract Watch

WildCard

12 minutes ago, SDS said:

What body language was that?

lack of excitement over scoring. Skinner always reminded me of Laftontaine, who was always celebratory after every goal he scored. Skinner's lack of emotion after scoring last night gave me pause as well. It may be nothing other than frustration, because 40 goals has to be a nice bonus for him.

”Roddy (Evan Rodrigues) and Okie (Kyle Okposo) were telling me before the game that they weren’t going to shoot anything and they were looking for me out there, I saw them. Even some of the plays that didn’t go our way, I think they were maybe sort of forcing it to me. And then, obviously the shift there where I got it with Eichs (Eichel) and Sammy (Reinhart), they were looking for me quite a bit on that shift. I think it’s nice to be able to share with guys like that. I think guys feel like they’re a big part of it, because they are. And, yeah, it was cool to get that one.”‘

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

”Roddy (Evan Rodrigues) and Okie (Kyle Okposo) were telling me before the game that they weren’t going to shoot anything and they were looking for me out there, I saw them. Even some of the plays that didn’t go our way, I think they were maybe sort of forcing it to me. And then, obviously the shift there where I got it with Eichs (Eichel) and Sammy (Reinhart), they were looking for me quite a bit on that shift. I think it’s nice to be able to share with guys like that. I think guys feel like they’re a big part of it, because they are. And, yeah, it was cool to get that one.”‘

Cool the team got you 40 now you give 8. 8 years of your life that is. See negotiations are easy.

20 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

lack of excitement over scoring. Skinner always reminded me of Laftontaine, who was always celebratory after every goal he scored. Skinner's lack of emotion after scoring last night gave me pause as well. It may be nothing other than frustration, because 40 goals has to be a nice bonus for him.

I took it as more of a display of sportsmanship than apathy, considering it was a blowout. Montour reacted the same way during his goal.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Skinner's body language said more about his frustration with how this once very promising season ended than anything else.

He is very competitive and he probably thought ... I would have traded 10 of these 40 to be playing this coming week.

I think that soon there will be a signing presser.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
Don't talk, don't talk, don't talk ... body language ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Factors that are promising for him staying are how well he fit with the whole team from the veterans to the young players. 

How close he is to his family and friends. 

And then there was the exchange between Skinner and Pierre Luc Dubois during the Columbus Game last Sunday. 

Scott Wilson and PLD were hitting each other after the play, when PLD said to Wilson “Who the hell are you?”

Skinner heard this and replied to PLD, his name is on the Stanley Cup Twice, you should go to HHOF buy a ticket and check it out sometime! 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Last game of the season. 7-1 drubbing. Nothing to see here. 

Detroit obviously played for draft position...they should have just forfeited and saved the sabres airfare to detroit. As for Skinner looking down I am sure he'll be allsmiles come July 01 when he signs a crazy contract with a winner... 

Just now, Hoss said:

I don’t have the time to link but his comments today do not inspire confidence, at all. For the first time he said he needs to give himself time to think before making any decisions.

Idk about all that. He said how much he loves it here and loves playing with this team. I think he's waiting on who the coach will be, and what the offer will be.

Eichel had an interesting comment, saying he loves playing with Skinner but Skinner needs to do what's best for him; a-la get that money

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

At this point we are driving ourselves nuts hanging on every comment he makes. I think we need to take a breather and wait until a decision is made.

I think I will loving call by your new nickname ... Anti-Drama Queen ... ?

Look at me ... I've got a case of body language ...

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think I will loving call by your new nickname ... Anti-Drama Queen ... ?

Look at me ... I've got a case of body language ...

It’s all about chillin bruh. I’m saving the emotions for the summer of change. As in there better be some changes that include Skinner in Buffalo for eight years.

22 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

At this point we are driving ourselves nuts hanging on every comment he makes. I think we need to take a breather and wait until a decision is made.

At this point I'm driving myself nuts checking into this thread whenever I see a new comment has been added.

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Overreaction city but I mean Eichel is smiling the entire time he's asked about Skinner

He's probably talked to Skinner and knows which way he's leaning (signing with the Sabres), but can't reveal it until a deal is agreed to by both sides.

"I don't think he'll hit the market, I think that he'll re-sign in Buffalo before July first. I think it's such a good setup for Jeff, he's had arguably his most successful season in the National Hockey League playing in Buffalo, I think the fan base appreciates what he does, I think the fact that he's a Southern Ontario boy and it's not too far for his family to come and watch him is attractive. There are too many good things in Buffalo for Skinner that it doesn't make sense for him not to re-sign."

"We heard what Jason said yesterday that he's confident that he can re-sign Skinner. I think Skinner wants to re-sign in Buffalo and I think you just have to figure out what that number is. What's a 40-goal scorer get? Obviously I would suspect a seven or eight year deal, and how much north of eight million dollars is it?"

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/shannon-there-are-enough-good-parts-here-make-buffalo-attractive-job

He's had one 40 goal year.  Don't pay him like he's a perennial 40 goal scorer.  Pay him what he is.  A nice 30 goal scorer who has a shot to hit 40 over the next couple years during his prime and appreciating the last 2-3 years of the contract could be an issue.

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

He's had one 40 goal year.  Don't pay him like he's a perennial 40 goal scorer.  Pay him what he is.  A nice 30 goal scorer who has a shot to hit 40 over the next couple years during his prime and appreciating the last 2-3 years of the contract could be an issue.

yup. He is a 30 goal scorer. This is critical that Botterill get this right. A major test for him going forward is Skinner. 

Could they not give him a contract front end end heavy and free up real money at the end of contract. 

8 year deal at $60 million  AAV of $7.5 million.

year --  salary --

1  - $10

2 - $10

3 - $10

4 - $8

5 -$8

6 -$6

7 -$4

8 - $4

Edited by sweetlou