Skinner Contract Watch

WildCard

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hurricanes seemed to do OK with that

How's the rest of their roster look?

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

This is what I've always thought made the most sense.

I am interesting in seeing if Krueger's power of personality is persuasive enough to get him off the fence.

Concept of Krueger, filing the TM. ?

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Weave said:

That doesn’t read positively in my head. It might have been the “hopefully” instead of “I expect”.

And it could be me reading too much i to that last sentence 

He seemed rather upbeat when speaking of the negotiations and mentioned that there was no way the new deal was getting done before a coach was in place. He also mentioned how great the relationship his been for both sides. 

However until the deal is done, anything is possible. 

55 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think he's gone if he goes to market. Not the tampering period or whatever, but July 1. 

Absolutely agree. If he is going to sign with them there is no reason to wait until July 1 and a years worth of reasons to sign before.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think he's gone if he goes to market. Not the tampering period or whatever, but July 1. 

I would agree. After July 1st an 8 year deal is no longer an option so if Skinner is looking for a max term deal I'd expect him to re-sign here prior to that deadline. If he gets to July 1st I'd bet there's at least one team more attractive than us who will give him big money for 7 years.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Drunkard said:

I would agree. After July 1st an 8 year deal is no longer an option so if Skinner is looking for a max term deal I'd expect him to re-sign here prior to that deadline. If he gets to July 1st I'd bet there's at least one team more attractive than us who will give him big money for 7 years.

Pretty sure it is still an 8yr option for Buffalo. Anyone know for sure? 

I would still rather not overpay for skinner.  If the numbers work fine but I don’t want this to be an 8 year deal.  Give me that money and sign Zuc and Hayes (ok that will combine for more).  My point is don’t put us in perpetual cap jail

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Derrico said:

I would still rather not overpay for skinner.  If the numbers work fine but I don’t want this to be an 8 year deal.  Give me that money and sign Zuc and Hayes (ok that will combine for more).  My point is don’t put us in perpetual cap jail

Well it’s pretty likely that he leaves if the Sabres don’t give him 8 years.  I certainly don’t love it but I’d give him the 8th year in order to keep him.  

• Like (+1) 1

The whole league knows what he can bring to a team. He’s getting 7.5 - 8.5 per. And he’s getting max or near max term..... from some team. 

Don’t fall victim to the “out of sight, out of mind” mind set. He’s a hell of a player and every GM knows it. With the cap going up and up over the next 7 years, his cap percentage will look better and better every year. Unless his production falls off a cliff of course.