Skinner Contract Watch

WildCard

10 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

While I agree with you in this case, let's not forget how we were all feeling in the months leading up to 7/1/07.

It's not done until the ink is dry.

I don't remember anyone feeling confident before Black Sunday.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't remember anyone feeling confident before Black Sunday.

I recall people being fairly confident that would would end up with one of Drury or Briere. There was a huge thread debating which one you prefer, but I think we all expected at least one of them.

19 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

While I agree with you in this case, let's not forget how we were all feeling in the months leading up to 7/1/07.

Situations are so much different now than they were then. Black Sunday is pretty much irrelevant unless you like torturing yourself.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Situations are so much different now than they were then. Black Sunday is pretty much irrelevant unless you like torturing yourself.

We are Sabres fans and most of us grew up in Buffalo.  I'd say most of us have PTSD (Post Traumatic Sports DIsorder).

21 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I agree the parties and situations are different, but i'm saying we should caution ourselves from reading too much into the fluff coming from agents and the Sabres organization. Until a number is agreed upon and the extension is signed, both parties will generally have good things to say about the other in the media.

Black Sunday has shaped a healthy skepticism for Buffalo sports that has served me well.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

I am getting old 

31 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Don't let him out of the building.

Show him some deers!

8 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Wasn't that phrase last used when interviewing Rex Ryan? *shudders*

Mario Williams 

• Thanks (+1) 1

That goal he scored last night was just gorgeous. The way he opened his skates to circle around the defender on a wide angle then fire that shot to upper far side from a short angle. Yeah I hope he's on board being Eichel's line mate for years.

Just so damn purrty

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

That goal he scored last night was just gorgeous. The way he opened his skates to circle around the defender on a wide angle then fire that shot to upper far side from a short angle. Yeah I hope he's on board being Eichel's line mate for years.

Just so damn purrty

(Maybe you should visit the thread where everyone wants to break up 53 & 9) 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

(Maybe you should visit the thread where everyone wants to break up 53 & 9) 

I don't know what crazy ideas everyone else has, but I only recommended giving Samson his own line given his crazy CF% number last night. Jack and Jeff should stay together for the next 8 years.

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

(I think they want to remove 23 from those two)

Right.

I'm guessing 8.75 mil for 8 years. Considering he's already getting close to 6 million, with Moulson's contract coming of next year, there won't be much of a loss. That's also including P-Ville's close to 6 million. Even if he re-signs, it won't be for close to 6 million. Might be a one or two year deal for 2 million per year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I'm guessing 8.75 mil for 8 years. Considering he's already getting close to 6 million, with Moulson's contract coming of next year, there won't be much of a loss. That's also including P-Ville's close to 6 million. Even if he re-signs, it won't be for close to 6 million. Might be a one or two year deal for 2 million per year. 

Am I the only one that read this as Ville _ _ _ _ _ and thought what?

Very good post otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Am I the only one that read this as Ville _ _ _ _ _ and thought what?

Very good post otherwise.

Thank you. 

I think P-Ville would be a great veteran presence despite his declining stats. Ville was brought in to actually make a difference offensively..