Scott Wilson on Waivers

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

I feel so sorry for you. 

But in seriousness there's not much to get. At the end of the day it's a kid saying the name of the guy you were referring to, thus answering your initial question.

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You don't recognize a little blonde kid calling out to Mr. Wilson as Dennis the Menace?  Come on, Santa.  He's at the top of your naughty list!  ?

I didn't know there was a live action Dennis the Menace movie!  I'll have to watch that.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

You expect they want a rehab assignment to be longer than 14 days?  Why?

He's been practicing with the club for at least 2 weeks now on a fairly regular basis.  If he needs more than 2 weeks to rehab, seems he probably shouldn't have been skating with the team for the past bit.

This IMHO is about gaining flexibilty with him and gaining that when there is NO legit interest in claiming him.

I don't think they want a rehab stint to be longer than 14 days, but GMJB would appreciate the flexibility to be able to keep him down in Rochester if the big club is going well. Having a 30 day window of waiver free decisions is far more beneficial than having a decision forced on you at the 14 day mark because we designated him for a rehab assignment. 

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

I don't think they want a rehab stint to be longer than 14 days, but GMJB would appreciate the flexibility to be able to keep him down in Rochester if the big club is going well. Having a 30 day window of waiver free decisions is far more beneficial than having a decision forced on you at the 14 day mark because we designated him for a rehab assignment. 

Absolutely the 30 day evaluatory callup is more beneficial than the mandatory callup after 14 days.  But waiving him after he finally became ready to play has been the proper decision ever since they plucked Elie from Dallas.  

And this is not a rehab stint.  He's not coming back until there's room for him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Absolutely the 30 day evaluatory callup is more beneficial than the mandatory callup after 14 days.  But waiving him after he finally became ready to play has been the proper decision ever since they plucked Elie from Dallas.  

And this is not a rehab stint.  He's not coming back until there's room for him.

I feel like we are saying the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.