Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Scott Wilson on Waivers

Recommended Posts

I think it's just they would prefer to have the option for it to be longer than 14 days, and don't want that deadline of having to call him up with no room on the NHL club force them to waiver him then. There's a bigger chance that once he proves healthy a team would take a chance on him than now with 0 games played for the year.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've generally had a meh view of Wilson, so I think the most logical conclusion is LTS' -- i.e. they want to see him play in Rochester to evaluate whether he's good enough for the NHL team and aren't too concerned about losing him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But keeping Elie. Why?

This is perplexing to me.  Elie's..... okay, but nothing more than another Jordan Nolan (a little faster perhaps, but less experience).  I've seen Wilson play and I just think he'd help us win much more than Elie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

This is perplexing to me.  Elie's..... okay, but nothing more than another Jordan Nolan (a little faster perhaps, but less experience).  I've seen Wilson play and I just think he'd help us win much more than Elie.

Why is it perplexing? Elie is capable of suiting up for NHL games right now. Wilson isn't. Nothing to be perplexed about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Die By the Blade said it's for a conditioning stint.  Not sure why he needs to clear waivers for that.  Sounds like they want to stash him away for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Why is it perplexing? Elie is capable of suiting up for NHL games right now. Wilson isn't. Nothing to be perplexed about.

Eh, if it was that simple, Wilson would have just been assigned for a conditioning stint. That he wasn't points to them preferring Elie to a healthy Wilson. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Die By the Blade said it's for a conditioning stint.  Not sure why he needs to clear waivers for that.  Sounds like they want to stash him away for now.

If they're right, that makes plenty of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Elie has stunk recently, but he is young and can get better, so maybe he just showed some potential. A lot of players don't do great after sitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If they're right, that makes plenty of sense. 

But why expose him to waivers?  If it's for a conditioning stint, he shouldn't have to clear waivers.  Sounds more like they just don't want him on the Sabres for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

But why expose him to waivers?  If it's for a conditioning stint, he shouldn't have to clear waivers.  Sounds more like they just don't want him on the Sabres for now.

Did you read the thread at all?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Did you read the thread at all?

Just saw Samson's Flow's post... that kind of explains it.

Yeah, I'm st00pid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman 

Makes sense.  NOBODY is making a claim on a guy with a 2 year contract making a smidge over $1MM/ who hasn't played a single minute 1/2 way through the season.

Now, he can be brought back up whenever they want (provided he wouldn't be the 24th healthy player, a seriously low bar to clear) & get almost 10 games &/or 30 days to see where he fits onto the big club before he'd have to clear waivers again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I think it's just they would prefer to have the option for it to be longer than 14 days, and don't want that deadline of having to call him up with no room on the NHL club force them to waiver him then. There's a bigger chance that once he proves healthy a team would take a chance on him than now with 0 games played for the year.

Makes sense. This is why I should read, rather than skim, as I missed this post the first time through. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I think it's just they would prefer to have the option for it to be longer than 14 days, and don't want that deadline of having to call him up with no room on the NHL club force them to waiver him then. There's a bigger chance that once he proves healthy a team would take a chance on him than now with 0 games played for the year.

You expect they want a rehab assignment to be longer than 14 days?  Why?

He's been practicing with the club for at least 2 weeks now on a fairly regular basis.  If he needs more than 2 weeks to rehab, seems he probably shouldn't have been skating with the team for the past bit.

This IMHO is about gaining flexibilty with him and gaining that when there is NO legit interest in claiming him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may not even go to Rochester.

They could just be buying waiver  flexibility with a calculated risk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He may not even go to Rochester.

They could just be buying waiver  flexibility with a calculated risk

True.  That is a possibility.  Would be a little surprised If he doesn't play at least a game or 2 in Ra-cha-cha, but it could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Who?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For hopefully the last time, I don't speak meme.  So @Doohickie's post makes sense and @Thorny's does not.

I have no idea what that kid is doing or who Mr. Wilson is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

For hopefully the last time, I don't speak meme.  So @Doohickie's post makes sense and @Thorny's does not.

I have no idea what that kid is doing or who Mr. Wilson is.

I feel so sorry for you. 

But in seriousness there's not much to get. At the end of the day it's a kid saying the name of the guy you were referring to, thus answering your initial question.

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I have no idea what that kid is doing or who Mr. Wilson is.

You don't recognize a little blonde kid calling out to Mr. Wilson as Dennis the Menace?  Come on, Santa.  He's at the top of your naughty list!  😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

You don't recognize a little blonde kid calling out to Mr. Wilson as Dennis the Menace?  Come on, Santa.  He's at the top of your naughty list!  😄

It's a brilliant film. Especially when that guy farts on the fire after eating all those beans. Classic cinema. Criterion level stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen the movie, but it didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've never seen the movie, but it didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together.

But I made Eleven mad so maybe it wasn't worth it. 

I feel sorry for you too, then. Watch it, probably still holds up 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...