Scott Wilson on Waivers

Brawndo

I think it's just they would prefer to have the option for it to be longer than 14 days, and don't want that deadline of having to call him up with no room on the NHL club force them to waiver him then. There's a bigger chance that once he proves healthy a team would take a chance on him than now with 0 games played for the year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But keeping Elie. Why?

This is perplexing to me.  Elie's..... okay, but nothing more than another Jordan Nolan (a little faster perhaps, but less experience).  I've seen Wilson play and I just think he'd help us win much more than Elie.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

This is perplexing to me.  Elie's..... okay, but nothing more than another Jordan Nolan (a little faster perhaps, but less experience).  I've seen Wilson play and I just think he'd help us win much more than Elie.

Why is it perplexing? Elie is capable of suiting up for NHL games right now. Wilson isn't. Nothing to be perplexed about.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Why is it perplexing? Elie is capable of suiting up for NHL games right now. Wilson isn't. Nothing to be perplexed about.

Eh, if it was that simple, Wilson would have just been assigned for a conditioning stint. That he wasn't points to them preferring Elie to a healthy Wilson. 

Die By the Blade said it's for a conditioning stint.  Not sure why he needs to clear waivers for that.  Sounds like they want to stash him away for now.

If they're right, that makes plenty of sense. 

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman 

Makes sense.  NOBODY is making a claim on a guy with a 2 year contract making a smidge over $1MM/ who hasn't played a single minute 1/2 way through the season.

Now, he can be brought back up whenever they want (provided he wouldn't be the 24th healthy player, a seriously low bar to clear) & get almost 10 games &/or 30 days to see where he fits onto the big club before he'd have to clear waivers again.

2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I think it's just they would prefer to have the option for it to be longer than 14 days, and don't want that deadline of having to call him up with no room on the NHL club force them to waiver him then. There's a bigger chance that once he proves healthy a team would take a chance on him than now with 0 games played for the year.

Makes sense. This is why I should read, rather than skim, as I missed this post the first time through. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

You expect they want a rehab assignment to be longer than 14 days?  Why?

He's been practicing with the club for at least 2 weeks now on a fairly regular basis.  If he needs more than 2 weeks to rehab, seems he probably shouldn't have been skating with the team for the past bit.

This IMHO is about gaining flexibilty with him and gaining that when there is NO legit interest in claiming him.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He may not even go to Rochester.

They could just be buying waiver  flexibility with a calculated risk

True.  That is a possibility.  Would be a little surprised If he doesn't play at least a game or 2 in Ra-cha-cha, but it could happen.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

For hopefully the last time, I don't speak meme.  So @Doohickie's post makes sense and @Thorny's does not.

I have no idea what that kid is doing or who Mr. Wilson is.

I feel so sorry for you. 

But in seriousness there's not much to get. At the end of the day it's a kid saying the name of the guy you were referring to, thus answering your initial question.

Edited by Thorny

You don't recognize a little blonde kid calling out to Mr. Wilson as Dennis the Menace?  Come on, Santa.  He's at the top of your naughty list!  ?

It's a brilliant film. Especially when that guy farts on the fire after eating all those beans. Classic cinema. Criterion level stuff. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.