Sabres Skills Competition / Did you see the uniforms?

LTS

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

ONLY All Stars are WORTHY of competing in All Star game skill competitions.

Mere 3rd & 4th liners must never be given the opportunity to show up ALL STARS on the national stage.  (John Scott says 'hi.')

The NHL should randomly select non-all star players from every team in the league (1+ per team) and make a 5th team out of them. Call them the "Small Stars" and have them come compete with the rest of the teams.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, sabills said:

The NHL should randomly select non-all star players from every team in the league (1+ per team) and make a 5th team out of them. Call them the "Small Stars" and have them come compete with the rest of the teams.

Cool idea. Will never happen.  Too great a risk the nobodies could showup, or at least hang with, the top guys.  

Point of the ASG is to make the stars "larger than life" not show their warts.

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thought that vote fell just shy.

But John Scott says 'hi.'

As I recall the league shut that down somewhat nefariously.  And famously, Bettman tried hard to talk Scott out of showing up for his ASG.  How dare the fans sully the sanctity of... an exhibition event ostensibly meant to entertain the fans... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Funny how Okposo wins the accuracy contest yet he excels in games at shooting the puck right into the goalie.

Funny you mention that. I was thinking the same thing last night. His shooting might be about as good as Larsson's. His wrist shot might be accurate, but it has absolutely no power behind it.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:34 PM, dudacek said:

Yet how many other Sabres have actually beat goalies with their wrister as often as Kyle has?

Thank god for Skinner.

True. I'm not sure Reinhart, for example, has picked the corner on a goalie this season even once. Jack probably has the best shot on the team and even he goes through his accuracy struggles. 

Skinner is, easily, the best natural goal scorer we have. 

Edited by Thorny

On 1/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, pi2000 said:

Pretty nice, but I much prefer the thick blue stripe as the middle stripe around the waist on the white jerseys. It's reversed in the current iteration and in this artwork and the color balance seems off. Not enough blue on the lower part of the jersey.

Edited by atoq
Weird double duplication of quote and post that I still can't properly fix.

3 hours ago, atoq said:

Pretty nice, but I much prefer the thick blue stripe as the middle stripe around the waist on the white jerseys. It's reversed in the current iteration and in this artwork and the color balance seems off. Not enough blue on the lower part of the jersey.

I agree, in part because of the history behind it.  It's been pointed out, though, that the lack of blue on the lower part of the current white jersey is largely due to the split stripes design.  It was bad enough on the Reeboks, where the outer blue stripes was split with silver, but is just plain dumb on the Adidas, where they are split with white.  Going with solid blue on those would help a lot:

Sabres-Away-Fx.thumb.jpg.641f171dba92f6ea35dffd1d1e77867a.jpg

Note: the blue center strip on the bottom looks better when you add the blue pants with it:

screenshot2016-01-01at10.54.24pm_1706.pn

Edit: I just looked at the link and I see that they concept already fixes the two-tone blue/white stripes.  Oops.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, dudacek said:

Yet how many other Sabres have actually beat goalies with their wrister as often as Kyle has?

Thank god for Skinner.

I'm just saying, he lobs a lot of softies that are easily stopped. Sure, he gets one through here and there, but I really wish his shot was a little harder.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.