Sabres Skills Competition / Did you see the uniforms?

LTS

I was very busy yesterday so if I missed the discussion in a thread, let me know.

Not a lot of chatter on the Skills Competition, that I get.  But I am surprised this forum wasn't all over the uniforms...

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-skills-challenge-recap-jeff-skinner-rasmus-ristolainen/c-303620666

Risto registering 107.5mph slapper?

Now.. the uniforms...

I really... really like these.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting... dont mind the stars though the should be crossed swords if that would work?

Vid: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/skills-challenge-highlights/t-277437090/c-64680903?clear&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Risto registering 107.5mph slapper?

"I'll believe that when me ***** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet!"

Seriously though, the radar gun is juiced. If he could hit 102.5 on a properly calibrated gun I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway... jerseys. The colors were right but the jerseys were kinda weird. I think it's a no for me dawg.

The oversized logo makes them look like bootleg sweaters from China.   

And they all look like goalie cuts.   

Good idea.  Poorly executed.

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Like the colors, hate the design. Just go back to the early 80s version.Buffalo-Sabres-1983-87-Jerseys.png

These are the best uniforms on the planet.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

"I'll believe that when me ***** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet!"

Seriously though, the radar gun is juiced. If he could hit 102.5 on a properly calibrated gun I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway... jerseys. The colors were right but the jerseys were kinda weird. I think it's a no for me dawg.

It was a joke. Didn't you notice Bogo registered only 17 mph on the next shot?

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

It was a joke. Didn't you notice Bogo registered only 17 mph on the next shot?

Bogo missed the net on both his shots... that's what I thought I read.

I liked the stars on the sleeves and I didn't mind the larger crest.  I get the Montreal reference, Florida too.  I'm not sentimental to pine over uniforms of old per se.  It's a business and they want to sell them.  The old ones probably aren't going to sell as well.

The jerseys are only up for auction.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1081989192677244928

42 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think they would make awesome thirds, and I wouldn't be mad with them as fulltime jerseys, for, maybe a 50th anniversary season.

They look like the Americans uniform made a baby with the Montreal uniform. If we are getting a 3rd jersey do this one with the B sword on the sleeves and only 1 set of stripes:

productmain_47_1_zoom.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

About as peripherally as one can get.

Is it still used to determine who participates at the overall skills competition or do they only use the actual all stars for that now?  Anyway, they're only doing this now because the all star game is approaching.  The jerseys were clearly made with that in mind.  So all this concern about the middle stripe (which has the stars) is a bit misplaced.  It's a one time thing.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Is it still used to determine who participates at the overall skills competition or do they only use the actual all stars for that now?  Anyway, they're only doing this now because the all star game is approaching.  The jerseys were clearly made with that in mind.  So all this concern about the middle stripe (which has the stars) is a bit misplaced.  It's a one time thing.

ONLY All Stars are WORTHY of competing in All Star game skill competitions.

Mere 3rd & 4th liners must never be given the opportunity to show up ALL STARS on the national stage.  (John Scott says 'hi.')

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.