GDT - Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - January 5, 2019 - 7:00

Samson's Flow

17 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

As a fan, I don't have to give him ***** first of all. It's on him to entertain me, not the other way around. I'm the paying customer, not him.

Second of all, he is 18 yrs old, I expect the mistakes, but not so often for where he was touted.

He sure as hell entertains me, how can you not be entertained, i dont know what ur referring to other than some misstakes, weird statement imo.
Feels like you see Buffalo Sabres resting on a 18 year old shoulders when his misstakes should be forseen and the misstakes from the veterans should not.

6 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

He sure as hell entertains me, how can you not be entertained, i dont know what ur referring to other than some misstakes, weird statement imo.
Feels like you see Buffalo Sabres resting on a 18 year old shoulders when his misstakes should be forseen and the misstakes from the veterans should not.

Agreed, fans should not be unrealistic about what an 18 YO can do.  The poster would probably complain if Dahlin was too conservative to reduce or eliminate mistakes.  Everybody expects mistakes, but you can't pin the "paying customer" label solely on a rookie like this either.  I think it is much more appropriate to use the paying customer argument ton the guys with fat contracts getting nothing done (ex. Okposo).

On January 6, 2019 at 11:31 AM, Kruppstahl said:

PS:  I watched the NESN broadcast and I have to say: Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are absolutely insufferable.

They are the biggest homers in the entire NHL, and by a wide margin.

Their entire approach to broadcasting is biased to the point of being amateurish and ridiculous.

Throw in Brickley's chowduh-head accent and I don't think I can listen to those guys anymore!

They both know hockey and are much better from a technical perspective than a lot of clueless idiots around the league, particularly in non-traditional markets, but my God!  Stop the ridiculous, over the top, pro-Boston shtick!

I feel better now.

I agree with all of this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.