GDT - Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - January 5, 2019 - 7:00

Samson's Flow

16 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yup, but maybe for the best?  Looking at this line up we have maybe 2 guys total that are true 2 and 3 line guys.  Literally No centers besides Eichel.  Mitts not even close.    I’m scared we are still years away unless JBot can pull off something. 

Could not agree more.

Compare us with Toronto, they lose Auston and it doesnt make any big difference cause they have so much talant out there. 

This is a r.i.p

Pommer is litterly so bad that it makes me wanna cry

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, darksabre said:

Because what you see as open net from the angle we're at Mitts sees as completely obfuscated by the goalie. It went over the net because he was trying to pick a corner. This isn't rocket appliances. 

Better play on a two on one to just get it on goal? Mitts overestimating his talent a bit?

Because what you see as open net from the angle we're at Mitts sees as completely obfuscated by the goalie. It went over the net because he was trying to pick a corner. This isn't rocket appliances. 

Puck was rolling too... But at least shoot it low... Had another guy there for a rebound.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn goalies and their obfuscation!!!

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Better play on a two on one to just get it on goal? Mitts overestimating his talent a bit?

He was trying to score. Maybe putting it onto a leg pad to generate a rebound to the open side is a better move but that's all hindsight since he didn't score from point blank. *shrug* 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sooo missing the net from five feet is better than hitting the goalie with maybe a rebound opportunity. Let’s see how that works out. 

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Sooo missing the net from five feet is better than hitting the goalie with maybe a rebound opportunity. Let’s see how that works out. 

Or maybe Rask swallows the puck and there is no rebound and everyone is cursing Casey for not trying to score. 

I expect better from this forum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Could not agree more.

Compare us with Toronto, they lose Auston and it doesnt make any big difference cause they have so much talant out there. 

This is a r.i.p

Pommer is litterly so bad that it makes me wanna cry

I hope there is a plan because honestly looking at it... our roster is bad.  Nothing tells me we are a playoff team let alone contender.  

Been thinking lately that Mitts may never develop into the legit 2C.  Yes he's a rookie, looks and plays like a boy out there which is expected.  However I question if even longer term he has the game that will translate into the type of player we hope for.   Great hands, but is that really enough?  I don't see much speed in his game and certainly really soft out there otherwise....I don't know, but feeling less confident he will develop.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Flipping back and forth with the football game...horrible injury just occurred and they showed it in slow motion before the commercial...just awful.

Came here to say the same thing. I was checking the football game and caught that play live and in slow mo. Ouch

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Been thinking lately that Mitts may never develop into the legit 2C.  Yes he's a rookie, looks and plays like a boy out there which is expected.  However I question if even longer term he has the game that will translate into the type of player we hope for.   Great hands, but is that really enough?  I don't see much speed in his game and certainly really soft out there otherwise....I don't know, but feeling less confident he will develop.

Completely agree... from what I’ve seen “bust” is creeping in.  Not to beat a dead horse but that O Reilly trade is looking horrific right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.