All Star Ballot last man in fan voting

North Buffalo

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Leaf fans seem a little peeved that Rielly didn't make it. 

Mean he probably should have over Letang

When was the last time we had 2 guys headed to the ASG? 2011?

Edit: Well Sabres twitter beat me to it

Edited by WildCard

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I am absolutely shocked by this.

This. I've been voting 10 times every day, but I never expected him to win. Hopefully this helps (even a little) with the contract negotiations. He's got to know the fans want him here at least. Either way it's well deserved. Part of me likes that every team gets to send someone, but it leaves guys who truly deserve it out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rielly is deserving.  I’m happy for Skinner.  He earned it, but so did Rielly.  Frankly Rielly should be here over Tavares.

I wonder if Skinner actually split the Toronto vote a bit since he's from the area.  I could also see other voters leaning towards a forward over a defenseman. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wonder if Skinner actually split the Toronto vote a bit since he's from the area.  I could also see other voters leaning towards a forward over a defenseman. 

I doubt it. I'm not voting for anyone from Buffalo if they play for Toronto

I think your second point probably has legs and is correct

27 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

This. I've been voting 10 times every day, but I never expected him to win. Hopefully this helps (even a little) with the contract negotiations. He's got to know the fans want him here at least. Either way it's well deserved. Part of me likes that every team gets to send someone, but it leaves guys who truly deserve it out.

I also voted every day for Skinner. I didn't think it would matter either but guess it did.?

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I doubt it. I'm not voting for anyone from Buffalo if they play for Toronto

I think your second point probably has legs and is correct

They're very different up there.  They know who their locals are and they very loyal, especially when it comes to guys with ties with their junior teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.